Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Season Ticket Joy

stimpy

Apr 28, 2012
Lancing
Went up to The Amex yesterday and booked my season ticket for next year with 3 mates.
Thought about the East Upper, but was unsure about sun in the eyes etc so we decided on the top row of the South West corner. Want to try and drum up some home support atomosphere in the South!

Can't wait for the new season. :albion2:

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Went up to The Amex yesterday and booked my season ticket for next year with 3 mates.
Thought about the East Upper, but was unsure about sun in the eyes etc so we decided on the top row of the South West corner. Want to try and drum up some home support atomosphere in the South!

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
That must have been a tough decision, we ended up in the North, one behind the other but that doesnt matter. Wasnt sure what the Atmosphere would be like the new corner, especially as we were told the South would be sold on a match by match basis so maybe full of fans that have never been before? Also, the corner will be full of new fans so it may take a while to get them a customed to signing? Should be noisy from everywhere though with the increased capacity.

stimpy

Apr 28, 2012
Lancing
It was and was'nt a tough decision. Really wanted the North but could'nt get them so choose the South West. The South will be staff season tickets and a few general sale so I'm sure we can get the atmosphere.

Still really can't wait!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
That must have been a tough decision, we ended up in the North, one behind the other but that doesnt matter. Wasnt sure what the Atmosphere would be like the new corner, especially as we were told the South would be sold on a match by match basis so maybe full of fans that have never been before? Also, the corner will be full of new fans so it may take a while to get them a customed to signing? Should be noisy from everywhere though with the increased capacity.

What will they be signing for ?

Last edited:

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

No chance my friend lol

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012

The sun really was no issue at all. On maybe three occasions I could remember having to use my sunglasses and I attended almost all of the home games this season.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
The atmosphere next season will be amazing.

East Stand will find it's voice and it will be great to have home fans behind both goals.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Really hope the South does fill up, will be so important to have that end full and noisy each game

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Why are we assuming that people buying season tickets this year are new fans? I know life long fans that have been on the waiting list as they couldnt get in last year.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
The Amex is going to b even more amazing. But next season is still THREE months away!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why are we assuming that people buying season tickets this year are new fans? I know life long fans that have been on the waiting list as they couldnt get in last year.

Are we assuming that then? I don't think so. There are a few people around these days who never supported the Albion as such (they had something about the BBC commentator Jonathan Pearce in the Argus the other day and apparently he has a ST. Not sure how often he actually gets to use it??). But the vast majority have and will continue to be people who have always defined themselves as Albion fans even if they haven't been to games since the Goldstone days. Someone like my brother- if you asked him which team he supports, he would 100% say the Albion. He goes to home games now and again, and occasionally went to Withdean and the Goldstone. He usually takes my ST when I'm working, but sometimes will get one off his own back; he's done a few away games in recent years. He's never had a season ticket, and probably wouldn't get permission from home to have one now :D, but he's exactly the sort of person who'd be thinking about it these days, simply because the whole experience is so much more attractive.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

MaggieT83

Oct 26, 2010
Pulborough
Good choice mate. I also opted for the south west corner back row (row Z) and am hoping we can make a good atmosphere!

Couldnt get a season ticket last year as I was at uni but I went to as many games as I could and tried out many areas of the ground. I liked the height at the back of the bottom tier as your close to the action but still get a good perspective.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Are we assuming that then? I don't think so. There are a few people around these days who never supported the Albion as such (they had something about the BBC commentator Jonathan Pearce in the Argus the other day and apparently he has a ST. Not sure how often he actually gets to use it??). But the vast majority have and will continue to be people who have always defined themselves as Albion fans even if they haven't been to games since the Goldstone days. Someone like my brother- if you asked him which team he supports, he would 100% say the Albion. He goes to home games now and again, and occasionally went to Withdean and the Goldstone. He usually takes my ST when I'm working, but sometimes will get one off his own back; he's done a few away games in recent years. He's never had a season ticket, and probably wouldn't get permission from home to have one now :D, but he's exactly the sort of person who'd be thinking about it these days, simply because the whole experience is so much more attractive.

Well said. Not everyone wants to or indeed can attend every game

stimpy

Apr 28, 2012
Lancing
Good choice mate. I also opted for the south west corner back row (row Z) and am hoping we can make a good atmosphere!

Couldnt get a season ticket last year as I was at uni but I went to as many games as I could and tried out many areas of the ground. I liked the height at the back of the bottom tier as your close to the action but still get a good perspective.

At least me and my mates aren't the only ones in the SW then. We will make it have an atmosphere

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury

Don't assume that match-by-match ticket buyers will have never been before. I've now booked my season ticket (on my own unfortunately), but I have 2 brothers who I usually come to games with - one works Saturdays so can normally only come to midweek games; the other (who was the one who got me hooked) was a season ticket holder when the Albion played in Gillingham, but as he now doesn't have a job due to ill-health he can now only afford to come to the occasional game.

When I went in the South Stand for the Burnley game, there were 3 or 4 pockets of fans that were starting the singing, which led to as good an atmosphere as most stands. I honestly don't think it'll be a problem wherever you are - particularly if you're prepared to have a go at starting the singing yourself if you think it's a bit dead!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here