Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New season, new seats

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
So, we changed our ST seats for the first time in years and it's always a gamble about who you're going to be sat next to, especially when the reason for changing them in the first place was to get away from the person you used to sit next to.

Anyway, turns out they're a lovely bunch of people and happy days.

No longer will I have to listen to moaning about players taking the knee or listening to him get Mwepu and Welbeck mixed up and blaming it on the fact that "they all look the same".

It's a blessed relief.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
So, we changed our ST seats for the first time in years and it's always a gamble about who you're going to be sat next to, especially when the reason for changing them in the first place was to get away from the person you used to sit next to.

No longer will I have to listen to moaning about players taking the knee or listening to him get Mwepu and Welbeck mixed up and blaming it on the fact that "they all look the same".

It's a blessed relief.

I'd wondered where you were :moo:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

It's a blessed relief.

Blimey, I had heard it was bad in the east 1901 but no idea this bad?

We’ve also moved and the new neighbours are brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

el punal

It’s great in the West Upper too. Most have been there since the Amex opened. A collection of pissheads, farters, shouters, singers, screamers, somnambulists (at least one!) and all true, diehard Albion fans. It’s what football watching is all about. :cheers:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It’s great in the West Upper too. Most have been there since the Amex opened. A collection of pissheads, farters, shouters, singers, screamers, somnambulists (at least one!) and all true, diehard Albion fans. It’s what football watching is all about. :cheers:

Shouldn't really talk yourself down like that. :lol:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

It's a blessed relief.

i can understand mixing Maupay and Undav up (well before the pink hair), because the genuinely do look the same , especially at a glance, but Welbeck and Mwepu! Reminds me of the Little Britain character who refuses to understand the Indian woman who speaks with a very slight accent

If only the club would make it easier for people to identify players , maybe sticking Numbers and Names on their shirts or something!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

And also the fittest fans at the Amex, negotiatiing all those steps every other week! :clap:

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Me and my old man got our first ever ST this season in the West Upper. Never been in there before and was mostly worried about my dad getting up the stairs and my fear of heights! But the neighbours seem decent and the view is great and it turns out my dad appears fitter at 70 than me at 45.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Since we've been at The Amex I've had a right old move around, first three season ESL, fairly central, and then moved to the SWC and dabbled with NS, and then settled in the central area of ESU. Now in my second season in NS and very happy, although when my Sons go on their own / with mates, I'll settle in the WS.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Since we've been at The Amex I've had a right old move around, first three season ESL, fairly central, and then moved to the SWC and dabbled with NS, and then settled in the central area of ESU. Now in my second season in NS and very happy, although when my Sons go on their own / with mates, I'll settle in the WS.

I'm settled in the WSU with a good gang of mates. My 15 year old and my mate's three older teenage sons are still all with us for now. If they ever want to ditch us for the North Stand I'm sure we'll let them so long as they pay for their own tickets, then we can get back to having a good old middle aged moan uninterrupted.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I do like going with my Sons, but at 60 standing up drinking beer with one hand whilst balancing a pie in the other hand isn't as appealing as a lounge and a comfy seat!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We moved out of the 1901 last season, best thing we ever did. East Upper, supposed land of the oldies, but actually in our bit (North end) it is reasonably lively.

View as good as 1901, if not better as you are looking at West Stand, and for half the price. No idea why we suffered 10 years of 1901 in the first place.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We moved out of the 1901 last season, best thing we ever did. East Upper, supposed land of the oldies, but actually in our bit (North end) it is reasonably lively.

View as good as 1901, if not better as you are looking at West Stand, and for half the price. No idea why we suffered 10 years of 1901 in the first place.

Another for EU. Great view and find it good looking at West Stand. Saturday proved the sun not an issue..

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I'm worried after missing the first two home games due to a wedding and a festival, when we eventually get back the group of 15 lads occupying 4 seats behind us haven't taken up residence in our spot

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here