Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] New Sam Smith video (who?)

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Watched on mute as I can't stand their voice. Can't see what the fuss is about, there have been plenty of music videos over the years that have had more explicit nudity and sex references

Remember this one coming out when I was a teenager. Might have watched it a few times.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
I don't see the problem with it. No more controversial than Madonna or even Adam Ant back in the day and fantastic to be able to see someone that identifies as they do getting plenty of air time. The days of gender fluidity are here to stay and is getting stronger with each passing generation. I'm sorry if you struggle with that concept, but seeing my nieces and nephews not giving a crap about such things as masculinity or femininity gives me hope for the future.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Kids under the age bracket of (discuss) should not have access to this.

Really not sure what your problem with it is. Plenty of videos over the years of semi naked women writhing around - didn't see any uproar about them - Blurred Lines excepted.

Only issue I have with it is that it could show Paul Barber how dangerous bottles can be even without bottle tops - awaiting an outright bottle ban at the Amex.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Kids under the age bracket of (discuss) should not have access to this.

Best thing to do is start a thread about it, where kids can access it, then 🤣

I honestly baffles me how and why people get all pissy about stuff like this.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I do wish there was an option to hide threads on forums. I have no interest in topics like this whatsoever ... and yes, I know I can just choose to ignore it ... but when these pointless threads keep popping up at the top amongst those that you are interested in ... :mad:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Best thing to do is start a thread about it, where kids can access it, then 🤣

I honestly baffles me how and why people get all pissy about stuff like this.
Because they have a few drinks on a Saturday night and are suddenly REALLY angry about gender fluidity in case their own kids catch gayness

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I can’t either, but it’s not about me. It’s about what is offered and available to kids on social media

I agree that we need to monitor what kids watch when they’re at a young and impressionable age because it can drastically change what they consider ‘normal’ and alter who/what they become as the grow older.

For example I grew up reading Dr Seuss books and I now identify as a cat in a hat.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I also love the naivety that some adults think a music video is the worst/most damaging thing kids are exposed to. They know about social media, right?! 🤣🤣🤦‍♂️

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I can’t either, but it’s not about me. It’s about what is offered and available to kids on social media
As you started this thread, what is your view? You haven’t suggested an age and you haven’t said what it is in the video that you think might be unsuitable for younger children.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's literally only the old Daily Mail mob that have a problem with Sam Smith identifying however it chooses to do so. Proper cry for attention.

The playing of the victim card is a shame as Sam is a very talented vocalist and shouldn't need to resort to this nonsenical Gen Z shite to gain attention.
Corrected.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
as said above , if this was a female singer dressed exactly the same-no thread

Arkansas has taken to the extreme and classified ANY venue that has drag acts in the same category as strip clubs, now THAT is worthy of discussion, the video here isnt

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Watched on mute as I can't stand their voice. Can't see what the fuss is about, there have been plenty of music videos over the years that have had more explicit nudity and sex references

Remember this one coming out when I was a teenager. Might have watched it a few times.

This was on 4 music constantly when I was growing up.

It's not a new thing to have scantily clad people in videos, I'd imagine OP is just a bigot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here