Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it could add to the atmosphere if it was marketed to those who fancy a corporate experience in a more relaxed setting. Tickets could be sold on a match by match basis and marketed to stag do's, birthdays, company beanos ect. If it was it was set up like pub, with a band, pool tables, table tennis ect I imagine it would be incredibly popular as a one off experience particularly if you could trade your usual seat in for a discount.

There was about 50 AEK fans in the south stand shelf that made a right racket.
What sort of pubs do you go to?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
What sort of pubs do you go to?

Well none like that but it was proposal for something a bit different. Corporate could be a bit different IMO, catering for people who night be keen to do it as a one off

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well none like that but it was proposal for something a bit different. Corporate could be a bit different IMO, catering for people who night be keen to do it as a one off
I get where you’re coming from but pool and table tennis take up a lot of space and generate little income per square foot. I can’t see it happening.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I get where you’re coming from but pool and table tennis take up a lot of space and generate little income per square foot. I can’t see it happening.
Yeah take your point. I would just like another option that doesn't feel like an airport lounge or conference lounge. Something I could treat myself to for a birthday. Decent beer in a proper glass and something that resembles a pub then watch the match from a decent vantage with like minded people who are up for singing

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yeah take your point. I would just like another option that doesn't feel like an airport lounge or conference lounge. Something I could treat myself to for a birthday. Decent beer in a proper glass and something that resembles a pub then watch the match from a decent vantage with like minded people who are up for singing
Thinking about this, I think the club tried this in the East stand? I seem to recall there was pub style offering called The Seven Stars?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Thinking about this, I think the club tried this in the East stand? I seem to recall there was pub style offering called The Seven Stars?
I had no idea! Will Google it, thank you

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The 1901 have their own lounges etc. I assume the “ fan zone” will be for the proletariat fans

therefore I expect a £25 entrance fee and £10 a pint per game

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I think it could add to the atmosphere if it was marketed to those who fancy a corporate experience in a more relaxed setting. Tickets could be sold on a match by match basis and marketed to stag do's, birthdays, company beanos ect. If it was it was set up like pub, with a band, pool tables, table tennis ect I imagine it would be incredibly popular as a one off experience particularly if you could trade your usual seat in for a discount.

There was about 50 AEK fans in the south stand shelf that made a right racket.
Table tennis in a pub? Recipe for disaster... "Oi..! Whose ball is this in my pint?"

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I liked what I thought of as the “Bordello“ bar at Gillingham, I’d like something like that in the Amex

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

The east stand 1901 probably fits that criteria out of the current offerings (can’t think of the name of it).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here