Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
if its sensibly planned, down stairs will be unrestricted bar, some food, with the capacity refering to the upstairs area. or could be just the number under cover, the images suggest it'll be open sided so people come and go.

Yep that was my assumption (as the club aren't idiots), but not seen it officially stated anywhere. Perhaps this is a question/feedback that the Fan Advisory Board can take to the the club?

Also if it's replacing Dicks then I wouldn't expect to have to pay an admittance fee... sounded like PB has high hopes for this to ease some of the congestion getting away from the ground, and 1000 paying bums on seats probably wouldn't help a great deal.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
They can't even cater the West Lower. Why build somewhere else to cater?
If it is a selection of independent retailers then they will be providing the staff. Hopefully being smaller and more nimble operations than Sodexo they will be better at having both enough staff and staff that have an idea what they are doing.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The planning application is now available to view:

Annotation 2023-11-10 131025.png

Annotation 2023-11-10 130443.png

Last edited:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
The ground and first floor level plans, available if you click on Documents after following the link, have quite a detailed overview of how they see things being arranged. Bars and food on both levels with plenty of seating areas. Looks promising.

No, the point being made is will it reduce the number of people using the food outlets compared to the current situation.
If folk decide to hang around inside after purchasing food, will it stop others from accessing the food outlets?
I guess that's my quibble too, at what stage before kick-off will these facilities be overwhelmed, 60 mins? 90mins? It almost needs 2 or 3 of these around the stadium but one is a good start

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The 'loss' of Dick's Bar will hopefully lead to something being done about the Museum. It's a tragedy that access to this is SO difficult.

Apologies if this has been covered earlier in the thread but I can't be arsed to trawl through 300+ replies

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I guess that's my quibble too, at what stage before kick-off will these facilities be overwhelmed, 60 mins? 90mins? It almost needs 2 or 3 of these around the stadium but one is a good start
Anecdotally, it feels like Dick's fills up early and quickly becomes one-in-one-out on match days and if this place is any good at all - and I'm sure it will be - I don't see why the same wouldn't happen.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Refers to “Mezzanine Members”. Is upstairs members only I wonder?

No doubt it won’t be free.
Yeah, I noted the same:

"The Proposed Development comprises the erection of a ‘Fan Zone’ which will be a partially open sided structure with polycarbonate/glazed elevations and roof. Internally there will be areas of seating, food and drink facilities, toilets, a mezzanine members area, TV and live music facilities."​
I guess it may be that downstairs is general entry and first-come-first-served, with the upstairs being paid-for memberships, meaning those members won't need to rush to secure entry, as it will be guaranteed due to the fixed number of memberships sold.

How much would people be prepared to pay for a season ticket for that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here