[Albion] New proposed fan zone

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Surely the elephant in the room here is that the capacity is ONLY 1000. Whereas the food/drink outlets currently outside the ground are available for the whole stadium, including away fans.

Am I missing something? Appreciate this will provide some much needed cover but only for those lucky enough to get in every week.

P.S. not moaning, I think it looks great, just concerned if that one facility is replacing both Dicks and the outside catering options...
Bit of a showboating statement there shirley? What's your preferred capacity? 2000? 5000? 100000? :lol:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Bit of a showboating statement there shirley? What's your preferred capacity? 2000? 5000? 100000? :lol:

No, the point being made is will it reduce the number of people using the food outlets compared to the current situation.
If folk decide to hang around inside after purchasing food, will it stop others from accessing the food outlets?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No, the point being made is will it reduce the number of people using the food outlets compared to the current situation.
If folk decide to hang around inside after purchasing food, will it stop others from accessing the food outlets?
I hope they will retain the vendors maybe by the memorial wall area….if it is only 1000 people, like dicks bar there will be massive queues to get in. Also will there be a charge? Box park is pricy!

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Surely the elephant in the room here is that the capacity is ONLY 1000. Whereas the food/drink outlets currently outside the ground are available for the whole stadium, including away fans.

Am I missing something? Appreciate this will provide some much needed cover but only for those lucky enough to get in every week.

P.S. not moaning, I think it looks great, just concerned if that one facility is replacing both Dicks and the outside catering options...
The capacity only covers people inside the structure - it doesn't preclude people standing out in the sun-shiiiiiiiiinnneee.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

if its sensibly planned, down stairs will be unrestricted bar, some food, with the capacity refering to the upstairs area. or could be just the number under cover, the images suggest it'll be open sided so people come and go.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
If the capacity is too high, it will directly impact on every pub and council tax payer in Lewes 🧐
Huzzah! Down with Lewes!

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wondering if it’ll increase the number of non-uber supporters leaving games early, to grab seats/tables in the venue. Unintended consequences. There’ll barely be any alcoholics left in the NS watching draws fizzle out. As far more enticing than the breeze-block dungeon.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Barber said the capacity should be "1000 +" and "more" if the weather was ok, hence a bigger footprint and stressed that this is of course "at anyone time" . Obviously people will come and go.

there's a lot of worrying on this thread isn't there ! ha ha. (Its too small, its too big, it will cost, it will be cold, it will be wet, everything else will shut, there will be gigs, there won't be gigs, there will be queues, etc etc )

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wondering if it’ll increase the number of non-uber supporters leaving games early, to grab seats/tables in the venue. Unintended consequences. There’ll barely be any alcoholics left in the NS watching draws fizzle out. As far more enticing than the breeze-block dungeon.
Can't see that many folks tarrying awhile after evening games to wait-til-the-trains-queues-die-down round about midnight

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Can't see that many folks tarrying awhile after evening games to wait-til-the-trains-queues-die-down round about midnight

If ever we get the Abu Dhabi slot of 12:30 Saturday, after a win, the joint could be busy for a long time post match.

Unless flask/snatcher PBOBE kills the joy calling “last orders”.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

I think it’s a fair call out. City are building something similar and the capacity is close to 3000.

If this gets the go ahead does this mean the end of dicks bar and can expect to see that turned into another corporate offering.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If ever we get the Abu Dhabi slot of 12:30 Saturday, after a win, the joint could be busy for a long time post match.

Unless flask/snatcher PBOBE kills the joy calling “last orders”.
I like the idea of PBOBE calling last orders. I can only imagine the mental torture of having to say just 2 words. Maybe he'll crack; in this case there will be plenty of time to get a few more rounds in.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It’s designed to slow down the rush to the queue for the train on about 85 minutes
Then we must be careful the building isn't crushed in a stampede. Maybe some sort of fortification needed on the East Stand side

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
As things stand, no kids allowed in Dicks Bar on a matchday.

Will this also be the case at the fan zone?

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
It's all a bit meh! to me. Prefer the money to be spent on better players or increased stadium capacity.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

I’m imaging you can still take your drink and food outside?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports