Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New proposed fan zone

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I was working on the same assumption as others on this thread who noticed the pictures made it seem as if it may be open to the elements.

Great news if the capacity is going to be considerably bigger.
Again - i'm just going on what has been reported but Barber says capacity is - subject to planning - going to be 1000+ at any one time . More on "sunny days" . I think Dicks is about 200/300 at any one time.
Yep. The pictures just illustrate that it *can* be open to the elements, rather than it *will* be.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
No idea of the capacity of dicks bar but my experience in pubs whatever the think the capacity is you can normally at least half.

I wouldn't be surprised if the capacity is maximum 300

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
No idea of the capacity of dicks bar but my experience in pubs whatever the think the capacity is you can normally at least half.

I wouldn't be surprised if the capacity is maximum 300

This blog says 200 which sounds about right

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
I've yet to see any plans, but am I right that it's going to be about here...?

IMG_20231102_110903.jpg

From Google Earth.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Slightly shocked by that. It always feels a lot busier!
I worked in a pub that had a strict capacity, on the weekend the doorstaff counted ins and and outs. The capacity was 280 and it felt packed to the rafters more like 1000, I think its deceptive.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Or maybe the doorstaff wasn't all that fastidious on the counting front?
You could be right of course but there was no incentive for them to let in more people as they were paid the same regardless.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
It’s designed to slow down the rush to the queue for the train on about 85 minutes
If the fan zone is being built in that area then that section around the stadium would effectively be blocked off, wouldn't it?

No. Look at the pics, plenty of space.
Exactly, considering the area around the front of the club shop will regularly require access for ambulances, police, maintenance vehicles as well as away team coaches every week. Plus in the past they have had the Young Seagulls events there with funfair rides, "ice" rink etc. So there will need to be plenty of space left for large vehicles to drive and turn etc.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
Surely the elephant in the room here is that the capacity is ONLY 1000. Whereas the food/drink outlets currently outside the ground are available for the whole stadium, including away fans.

Am I missing something? Appreciate this will provide some much needed cover but only for those lucky enough to get in every week.

P.S. not moaning, I think it looks great, just concerned if that one facility is replacing both Dicks and the outside catering options...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here