Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Premier League shirt font and logo from 2023/24

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

Bigger letters and, in theory, easier to read.

Interesting that the new numbers/lettering are prototyped on striped shirts.

Also, this video shows there's waaaaay more effort put into this stuff than you might imagine. Tested 'live' with commenators, for example.

Evolution, not revelotion though - so many folk won't notice...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The sleeve badge is a big difference, contour cut rather than on a disc. The number font is also bigger so should be easier to read from higher up.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

Bigger letters and, in theory, easier to read.

Interesting that the new numbers/lettering are prototyped on striped shirts.

Also, this video shows there's waaaaay more effort put into this stuff than you might imagine. Tested 'live' with commenators, for example.

Evolution, not revelotion though - so many folk won't notice...

Really interesting video - thanks for posting.
As a designer for a printing company myself, I can certainly confirm that a lot more goes into the design process than most people realise!!

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Probably still going to have a panel on the back aren’t we? I’d really like to have a shirt with the full stripes front and back though, Newcastle’s effort and a new font might reopen that.

This quote at the end of the press release:

With printing and robotics technology in place to reduce waste, the Premier League embellishments are printed on a thin and digital layer, using a digitised process to determine the placement of the transfers and ensure the best utilisation of the sheet, ensuring minimal waste.

This bit sounds like the sort of bollocks someone who doesn't really understand print and production (ie. the salesman) would say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here