Votes: 168 51.1%
  • Out

Votes: 161 48.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Perhaps you missed the cartoon, totally typical of the whole campaign, where those who didn't conform to the establishment's 'In' were labelled as racist, fascist, commies or bigots, or fellow travellers with such undesirables.

No, I didn't (and that was from the Daily Mail - a paper that drew cartoons of the like of Benn and Foot for decades, they didn't need the excuse of an EU referendum). But what you said was the organiser of the Remain campaign admitted using "dirty tricks" to win the argument. A cartoon in a newspaper is not an organiser

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I will be voting in. My partner is French and she has lived here for 20 years paid her taxes etc. So if the result is out what happens to her right to reside in the UK? What happens to the right of the 2.2 million UK Nationals living in Europe? No-one know the answer, will my partner be forced to return to France? How can you vote for something when you don't know the full consequences of that vote? I hope my family isn't split up by a vote to leave the EU.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I will be voting in. My partner is French and she has lived here for 20 years paid her taxes etc. So if the result is out what happens to her right to reside in the UK? What happens to the right of the 2.2 million UK Nationals living in Europe? No-one know the answer, will my partner be forced to return to France? How can you vote for something when you don't know the full consequences of that vote? I hope my family isn't split up by a vote to leave the EU.

I was going out with an English girl,who was working in Paris,50 years ago,so why getting out of the EU would adversely affect anyone's residential status confuses me no end.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was going out with an English girl,who was working in Paris,50 years ago,so why getting out of the EU would adversely affect anyone's residential status confuses me no end.

Possibly because without the free movement withiin the EU that we now have, you might now need to get a visa to live work or just visit other countries?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Have you read this letter? Can hardly accuse these guys of scaremongering.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...-to-lose-the-security-provided-by-the-EU.html

Letters: In an increasingly unstable world, Britain can’t afford to lose the security provided by the EU

Signed

Field Marshal Lord Bramall
Former Chief of Defence Staff
Field Marshal Lord Guthrie
Marshal of the RAF Jock Stirrup
Admiral of the Fleet Lord Boyce
Admiral Lord West
Former First Sea Lord
Admiral Sir Mark Stanhope
Former First Sea Lord
General Sir Mike Jackson
Former Chief of the General Staff
General Lord Dannatt
Former Chief of the General Staff
General Sir Michael Rose
Former Director of Special Forces
General Sir Rupert Smith
Former Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe
General Sir Richard Shirreff
Former Deputy Supreme Allied Commander Europe
Lieutenant General Sir John Kiszeley
Former Director General of the Defence Academy
Lieutenant General Sir Rob Fry
Former Deputy Chief of Defence Staff

The thing is this is a bit like the recent effort where civil servants write to 100 FTSE bigwigs and 36 sign a letter.This is somwhow an endorsement we must stay in the EU because look who has signed.
They don’t want to shout about the 64 that didn’t sign.

The same thing applies here,civil servants write to the former bigwigs of these 7 departments and 13 reply endorsing a letter and somehow it confirms we can only be safe if we stay in the EU.

What about the 43 who didn’t agree and didn’t sign?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The thing is this is a bit like the recent effort where civil servants write to 100 FTSE bigwigs and 36 sign a letter.This is somwhow an endorsement we must stay in the EU because look who has signed.
They don’t want to shout about the 64 that didn’t sign.

The same thing applies here,civil servants write to the former bigwigs of these 7 departments and 13 reply endorsing a letter and somehow it confirms we can only be safe if we stay in the EU.

What about the 43 who didn’t agree and didn’t sign?

This scandal is even more widespread than you claim. I mean, what about the 30-odd heads of state who've said they'd like the UK to remain in the EU? That leaves 160 who HAVEN'T. Proof indeed that the whole world wants us out. And if you want evidence of how unpopular Brighton & Hove Albion is, consider the fact that all but 20,000 local people HAVEN'T bought a season ticket.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
There is even talk that the European Court of Justice may block the reforms that Cameron has negotiated , thats outrageous

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
43 what? Former admirals and generals?

the 43 former

Chiefs of Defence Staff,First Sea Lords,Chiefs of General Staff,Directors of Special Forces,British Deputy Supreme Allied Commanders Europe,Director Generals of The Defence Academy and Deputy Chiefs of Defence Staff

who did not sign,or are you saying the civil service contacted only those that they somehow knew would endorse the letter.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
the 43 former

Chiefs of Defence Staff,First Sea Lords,Chiefs of General Staff,Directors of Special Forces,British Deputy Supreme Allied Commanders Europe,Director Generals of The Defence Academy and Deputy Chiefs of Defence Staff

who did not sign,or are you saying the civil service contacted only those that they somehow knew would endorse the letter.

Oh right. I'm sure the silent majority of former top brass will shortly stand up and together in collective chorus shout "Cry Brexit, England and Saint George!" any time now :D

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Also JC Footy Genius will be after you Pastafarian in a minute for this egregious whataboutery that he did me for the other day.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Also JC Footy Genius will be after you Pastafarian in a minute for this egregious whataboutery that he did me for the other day.

He most certainly will not! Pastafarian makes some very valid points.

Egregious whataboutery is in the eye of the beholder :wink:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There is even talk that the European Court of Justice may block the reforms that Cameron has negotiated , thats outrageous

No, that's Gove actually.

(In any sort of real-world situation no judge will overturn the legally arrived at decision of all EU heads of state. Mr Gove is, to coin a word, scaremongering.)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The bosses of one of the biggest manufacturing companies in the UK have said Britain should vote to leave the European Union in an in-out referendum because the departure would not make a "blind bit of difference" to trade with Europe.

Graeme MacDonald, chief executive of JCB - the third biggest maker of construction equipment in the world - said the impact on business had been overhyped if Britain voted to leave the single market.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...est-interest-says-top-manufacturing-firm.html

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No, that's Gove actually.

(In any sort of real-world situation no judge will overturn the legally arrived at decision of all EU heads of state. Mr Gove is, to coin a word, scaremongering.)
Youre probably right , it was only a poorly disguised attempt at trapping some pompous ass into posting ''you are no doubt aware that the ECHR is nothing to do with the EU '' blah blah blah ( i know the difference between the two :lolol:)

Jan 30, 2008
The bosses of one of the biggest manufacturing companies in the UK have said Britain should vote to leave the European Union in an in-out referendum because the departure would not make a "blind bit of difference" to trade with Europe.

Graeme MacDonald, chief executive of JCB - the third biggest maker of construction equipment in the world - said the impact on business had been overhyped if Britain voted to leave the single market.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...est-interest-says-top-manufacturing-firm.html
Its all pie in the sky and scare mongering to say any different to this , sadly some divs will get taken in by it, I can't imagine any self respecting British person not wanting to see this country regain its credibility by leaving the EU , its only the people that are looking after their own interests that cant see the bigger picture of an EU exit
regards
DR

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

Not sure how it worked 50 years ago. But currently within eu member states you can live move work freely. If uk votes to leave that right would be gone for all eu nationals here and uk expats in other eu states. No one knows what is going to happen. You might be voting out and then surrendering your rigth to live and work freely in any eu state. Therfore my partner who is french might have to leave her home and family in the uk.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I see the "INS" have taken the lead.

Jan 30, 2008
Not sure how it worked 50 years ago. But currently within eu member states you can live move work freely. If uk votes to leave that right would be gone for all eu nationals here and uk expats in other eu states. No one knows what is going to happen. You might be voting out and then surrendering your rigth to live and work freely in any eu state. Therfore my partner who is french might have to leave her home and family in the uk.
short term pain for long term gain
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here