Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New player imminent (Kemy Agustein - Swansea) according to The Argus

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Only wasteful if they are shit. Otherwise, the stronger squad the better. You can only assume we have a bug enough budget for it

Why a waste? We will need 4-5 minimum. Think how many we are short from last years squad which was thin on the ground at times. Its great seeing youth being given a chance but there will be a small handful who will play at all next season.

Vicente-?
Hammond- Agustien
Dicker-? JFC
Painter - Chiksen
Bridge-?
Lopez-?

All were established pro's and will need replacing

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It's not, I was only saying signing players like Hoskins or even Crofts would be a waste. We still need 4 or so, as Oscar says

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To many people on here seem to think they know what we need this season, as people have said I think Oscar knows more than people who play manager games on a console all day, he's with them all day and not just pressing buttons on a control pad.

Watching the team week in week out I'd argue everyone is in agreement what we need . On this occasion we are so close it doesn't take a brain like fergies to see it

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
It's not, I was only saying signing players like Hoskins or even Crofts would be a waste. We still need 4 or so, as Oscar says

I reckon Crofts will step up to the plate next season. Really looking forward to seeing him play well for us

jjt1976

Dec 29, 2009
Are you able to give us anymore clues to who the player is who might be signing next week neecha? Understand if you can't due to sources etc, cheers.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I also don't think we need automatically to replace the people we've lost. LB was the obvious one that's been filled already and CB was another obvious move. From the rotations in the friendlies it looks like we're reaching down into the DS to look for replacements rather than automatically trying to buy missing players.

It's also maybe the case that Barber/Bloom have looked at the signings made by Gus and seen that quite a sizeable fraction of them haven't paid off (Harley, Dobbie, CMS, Hoskins, Crofts hasn't been consistent), and they're becoming slightly more cautious before giving a manager carte blanche to spend upwards of £2m. That is reflected in their appointment of OG. I think if the scouting team identifies someone who is value for money they will still spend money, but not like we've been doing over the last 2 years. With a good set of coaches and a good training ground ready by 2014, that's where the future will come from rather than searching for value in vain in a transfer market where fees and wages are being artificially supported by parachute payments.

I like the emphasis on attacking football in last night's interview, but by far more exciting I think is the little clues that the emphasis in the future will be on home-grown talent, or at least talent that is bought at a low price and trained by excellent coaches.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Why a waste? We will need 4-5 minimum. Think how many we are short from last years squad which was thin on the ground at times. Its great seeing youth being given a chance but there will be a small handful who will play at all next season.

Vicente-?
Hammond- Agustien
Dicker-? JFC
Painter - Chiksen
Bridge-?
Lopez-?

All were established pro's and will need replacing

I don't think we need a direct replacement for Vicente; he was a luxury player and didn't feature in our best performances last year. Other than that I wouldn't be too worried if the number of experienced players in the 1st team squad was trimmed down a little to be honest.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I don't think we need a direct replacement for Vicente; he was a luxury player and didn't feature in our best performances last year. Other than that I wouldn't be too worried if the number of experienced players in the 1st team squad was trimmed down a little to be honest.

I'd say 4 is about right. I agree about Vicente but we do need to replace Bridge, Lopez and Hammond. The fourth, in my view, should be a player to play in the front three (either winger or striker as said earlier) unless Oscar has real faith in March, Barker and Dickenson.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I'd say 4 is about right. I agree about Vicente but we do need to replace Bridge, Lopez and Hammond. The fourth, in my view, should be a player to play in the front three (either winger or striker as said earlier) unless Oscar has real faith in March, Barker and Dickenson.

Would you not welcome Vicente back if he returned?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
:thumbsup:

Vicente, Paul Kitson, Me. That's some company.

He's the most exciting player ive seen in a Brighton shirt (Mark Gall aside) but I was always critical of the wages spent elsewhere in return for the minutes we got back from him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When Oscar mentioned we need 5 does this mean Harley is not in the future plans ? Will he end up without a squad number ? (he is not on the official website player profiles)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
]
Im on-board with that as well. He will have a lot to prove as well. Be great to see him return. 1 year contract

Is this who you were talking about earlier in the thread ?????

Me? I'd be dead chuffed if it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here