Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New player imminent (Kemy Agustein - Swansea) according to The Argus

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I consider him a forward, tbh.

Of which only the first five would play in a central midfield three. Assuming one agrees with strength in depth being two players for each position, then we need at least one more central midfielder..

I think 5 for 3 spaces is cover enough. Can always get a loan in if we get injuries.

Well bearing in mind we play a five-ish man midfield, that's: Kaz, Bridcutt, Agustien, Orlandi, Buckley. Which only leaves a bench of Crofts, JFC and March. That's a tad light for me so can see at least one for CM coming in.

I reckon you'll see Barnes and Leo upfront at home. Even if not, Crofts will need to step up this year and we wouldn't want to halt Jake's progress. Courtney Richards may well be number 6, if required.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Do you not think we could do with another wide player with pace to burn? Not that Nooney was rapid but he gave us another dimension

That is kind of my point. I think we certainly need one more player for the front three. Whether it is a centre forward with Barnes playing wide still or the wide player you mention meaning Barnes is sub for Ulloa, I definitely think we need one more. Of course, if we replace Lopez, we also have the option of playing Orlandi further forward again.

My view is ideally we want a left back (sounds promising from your previous post), a central midfield replacement for Hammond (probably Agustien) and then 2 out of a replacement for Lopez, a winger, and a centre forward. That would make me confident of a successful season!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
But Barnes is often played wide in a 3 man forward line so that leaves you with only youngsters as back up until CMS and Hoskins get fit. Assuming Orlandi is going to play the advanced role in the 3 man midfield (not as one of the 3 forwards as he did at times last season), that leaves you with only Buckley, KLL, Barnes and Ulloa for the front 3 at the start of the season, which considering the injury record of Buckley and KLL is not enough.

You seem to drawing conclusions from how Poyet used to play. I suspect Barnes and Ulloa will be the strikers. The wide men would be Buckley, Barker , March, Lua Lua and possibly Orlandi. I'll be very surprised if we spend any money on another striker when we have 2 returning from injury.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lb , cm and depending on if we think march is ready another winger

Do that and no reason why can't push for automatic

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You seem to drawing conclusions from how Poyet used to play. I suspect Barnes and Ulloa will be the strikers. The wide men would be Buckley, Barker , March, Lua Lua and possibly Orlandi. I'll be very surprised if we spend any money on another striker when we have 2 returning from injury.

Barnes played wide of a front three with Dickenson up front yesterday and Orlandi played at the front of the midfield three so it still leaves you a bit short in the front three, depending on how much faith you have in Dickenson, Barker and March.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
For those wondering, this was Neecha when Chicksen signed:

'This young prospect is one of the 2 left backs that are coming in surely this is obvious.'

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Harding Signs!

Dear God PLEASE don't be Dan Harding !!

harding-agnew-yard-sign-01.png

(I'm not brave enough to do a thread on it)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here