New player imminent (Kemy Agustein - Swansea) according to The Argus

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Can see us getting 2 midfielders cases and augustin, lb and new striker ( vital as we are very short)

Very short up front? We have 4 (FOUR) strikers. We'll probably one play with 1 (ONE). Why are you so keen to throw money away stupidly? We have Dickensen, Agdestein and Barker looking to make a break through too. We are not short up front, and certainly the need isn't "vital".

Man up, my friend.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Jake, Liam, Crofty, Orlandi, Agustein, Kaz, March. Wouldn't expect we'd need any more than that for now

Of which only the first five would play in a central midfield three. Assuming one agrees with strength in depth being two players for each position, then we need at least one more central midfielder..

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Jake, Liam, Crofty, Orlandi, Agustein, Kaz, March. Wouldn't expect we'd need any more than that for now

Well bearing in mind we play a five-ish man midfield, that's: Kaz, Bridcutt, Agustien, Orlandi, Buckley. Which only leaves a bench of Crofts, JFC and March. That's a tad light for me so can see at least one for CM coming in.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Very short up front? We have 4 (FOUR) strikers. We'll probably one play with 1 (ONE). Why are you so keen to throw money away stupidly? We have Dickensen, Agdestein and Barker looking to make a break through too. We are not short up front, and certainly the need isn't "vital".

Man up, my friend.[/QUOTE
Interesting opinion, and between them they are prolific?, proven? and god forbid you would play if Barnes and of Ulloa picked up a knock??

On this one I disagree we have no need for a new striker and I base that on last years inability to score goals..( Blackpool/ Huddersfield aside)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Man up, my friend.

None of them good enough to help us get promotion if Barnes or Ulloa was injured or sent off in first few games until Hoskins and CMS are back. Dickenson may develop into being good enough or ok for the bench but the other two are Div 1 standard at the best. So I would say that we need at least a 3 month loan player to add to the squad strength.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Whispers are there is a another defender coming in very soon.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Man up, my friend.
I agree with you on this NE. As we will most likely be playing 1 striker I think ARGIE JOSE and Barnes are perfectly adequate, heaven forbid anything should happen to either of them then Buckley can play as a striker, then Barker if needs be. CMS is due back by September isn't he? I'd rather we used the budget on other areas like a defender or midfielders.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Listening to oscar last night he mentions 4 missing players, ie those that have gone, so I guess with chicksen we are looking at 3 more? Lb and 2 mf is my guess.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I agree with you on this NE. As we will most likely be playing 1 striker I think ARGIE JOSE and Barnes are perfectly adequate, heaven forbid anything should happen to either of them then Buckley can play as a striker, then Barker if needs be. CMS is due back by September isn't he? I'd rather we used the budget on other areas like a defender or midfielders.

But Barnes is often played wide in a 3 man forward line so that leaves you with only youngsters as back up until CMS and Hoskins get fit. Assuming Orlandi is going to play the advanced role in the 3 man midfield (not as one of the 3 forwards as he did at times last season), that leaves you with only Buckley, KLL, Barnes and Ulloa for the front 3 at the start of the season, which considering the injury record of Buckley and KLL is not enough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

will get ruined on many levels but I can say that you will know the chap

Can you tell us which division he has played in the most? Young and upcoming or older and experienced?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
But Barnes is often played wide in a 3 man forward line so that leaves you with only youngsters as back up until CMS and Hoskins get fit. Assuming Orlandi is going to play the advanced role in the 3 man midfield (not as one of the 3 forwards as he did at times last season), that leaves you with only Buckley, KLL, Barnes and Ulloa for the front 3 at the start of the season, which considering the injury record of Buckley and KLL is not enough.

Do you not think we could do with another wide player with pace to burn? Not that Nooney was rapid but he gave us another dimension

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports