Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New player imminent (Kemy Agustein - Swansea) according to The Argus

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
Just like Bridcutt wasn't any good for you either. If Agustien was poor for you then lets sign him up pronto.

Bridcutt never played a competitive game for us, unlike Agustien.

Solid signing for the Championship but not one to get particularly excited about.

I'll return to the Premier League forum now, don't worry xx

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
God almighty. You'd think they'd be content jerking themselves off in their own forum without the need to come onto another team's forum and spout endless drivel in a thread about a potential Brighton signing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I live in Brighton actually. That one backfired :laugh:

I always feel the most sorry for Palace fans who live in Brighton. Having to miss out on the wonderful AMEX - they of course generally try to convince themselves it's 'crap' - and also not being part of the rise of the albion and such an integral piece of the city's identity.

The couple I know will be first in the queue for rugby world cup tickets there though :lolol:

And those online are the ones which seem to post the most hatred for the albion - as if to compensate for living so close :lolol:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Are we likely to hear anything today?

10pm :whistle:

But no, probably nothing until the boys are back on Tuesday.
Would expect two signings before Villareal and that'll probably be it until a (possible) mad dash on August 31st

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I always feel the most sorry for Palace fans who live in Brighton. Having to miss out on the wonderful AMEX - they of course generally try to convince themselves it's 'crap' - and also not being part of the rise of the albion and such an integral piece of the city's identity.

The couple I know will be first in the queue for rugby world cup tickets there though :lolol:

And those online are the ones which seem to post the most hatred for the albion - as if to compensate for living so close :lolol:

Absolutely this. I can't imagine how anyone can live here and not support the Albion. Unless you're just passing through ...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Sounds like an interesting signing. If we could get him fit and playing, he sounds like an improvement on Hammond. Would fit well into our style too as he comes from Swansea.

Andy Naylor doesn't often mention transfers until they are close so hope for some news soon.

Forkbeard

Aug 30, 2012
It's not an opinion shared by many, but I genuinely believe that Agustien remains one of the most technically gifted players at Swansea, even with the other players we've brought in. He can dominate games from midfield if he puts his mind to it, and was MOTM by a country mile against Man Utd at our place last season. He was up for it and it showed.

Problem is that says it all. He was up for it against Man Utd. Maintaining a level of performance week in, week out against everyone else is not something we've been able to get him to do, and a lot of his inuries seem to have stemmed from basic conditioning issues as a result.

If you can get him fit, keep him fit and somehow make him realise just how much talent he's wasting then you'll have a player who could grace most Premier League sides. That's a pretty huge if though.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
10pm :whistle:

But no, probably nothing until the boys are back on Tuesday.
Would expect two signings before Villareal and that'll probably be it until a (possible) mad dash on August 31st

Argus interview with jones seem to indicate they have a couple if days off so probably back to training tuesday. Couple before saturday would be nice, both midfielders or lb and mf, what do you reckon?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It's not an opinion shared by many, but I genuinely believe that Agustien remains one of the most technically gifted players at Swansea, even with the other players we've brought in. He can dominate games from midfield if he puts his mind to it, and was MOTM by a country mile against Man Utd at our place last season. He was up for it and it showed.

Problem is that says it all. He was up for it against Man Utd. Maintaining a level of performance week in, week out against everyone else is not something we've been able to get him to do, and a lot of his inuries seem to have stemmed from basic conditioning issues as a result.

If you can get him fit, keep him fit and somehow make him realise just how much talent he's wasting then you'll have a player who could grace most Premier League sides. That's a pretty huge if though.

As has been said elsewhere, when competing with clubs who have parachute payments, we have to gamble on players like Agustien. Not all of them will come off but it seems that every comment (even if they don't rate him as highly as you) says that he will be a good player if we can sort out injury record/temperament.

Hopefully a change of scenery will help with this too.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Argus interview with jones seem to indicate they have a couple if days off so probably back to training tuesday. Couple before saturday would be nice, both midfielders or lb and mf, what do you reckon?

Depends a little on whether they think Chicksen will be up to the task.
I expect it to be Agustein and a left back, personally.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Pretty sure saw him on Foxtel a fair few times last season so if he's good enough for Laudrup in the EPL he's good enough for us this season - let's not kid ourselves folks, keep your feet on the ground now.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here