Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New player imminent (Kemy Agustein - Swansea) according to The Argus

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Some people seem to forget who we are. We would not be able to get a player like Kemy if he was consistently fit. Unless we want to fork out high wages and transfer fees we have to take risks, whether that be with previously injury prone players or young, up and coming players.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Reading a bit about him he seems more of a crock than Bruno, his whole career seems dogged with one injury after another. 5'10" - would have preferred a bigger and stronger player more in the mould of a certain Millwall midfielder that seems highly rated on NSC and had a blinder at the Amex the season before last!

I've advocated signing Trotter for two years now. Beginning to accept it isn't going to happen. Hopefully this guy will be even better

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I've advocated signing Trotter for two years now. Beginning to accept it isn't going to happen. Hopefully this guy will be even better

To be fair, this guy is a clear step up from Trotter if we can keep him fit.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Your talking at least £2 Million + for Trotter - would it be worth it considering our financial tight rein ?

Would be at most £1 Million for Agustien Id have thought.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
We've done a good job with injury-prone Orlandi, so hoping we can do the same with Agustien if we sign him!

I don't recall ever reading that Orlandi was injury prone.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Some people seem to forget who we are. We would not be able to get a player like Kemy if he was consistently fit. Unless we want to fork out high wages and transfer fees we have to take risks, whether that be with previously injury prone players or young, up and coming players.

My thoughts exactly. The important thing is to limit the risks.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Bit harsh of Swansea fans to call us their 'trash cart' except Natterjack, who knows his stuff. He said Orlandi would be good for us if he could stay fit. He has been a useful player who I think will be even better this season. With that in mind, I would say Kemy would be a good addition. Better than Hammond anyway.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

As soon as I read about Agustein's attributes I immediately thought 'sounds like Liam Trotter'. However if we can keep Agustein fit he may well be a step above, what with his prem experience. Trotter seemed to go off the boil last season and no longer an automatic starter under Jackett, so I did wonder if he might be ripe for a deal.

But I'd be happy to see Agustein join us and then hope our medical and fitness gurus can keep him fit, plus if someone calm him down off the pitch. It will be interesting to see how strict OG is with players given our recent unwanted Court actions.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We've made a bit of a habit of Sunday announcements. Late night ones too. 10pm tomorrow?

At least we are attracting new players :)
gupazu8u.jpg

Hawaii

Banned
Mar 28, 2011
^^^ We've already signed four players and have a further four on trial, so that makes no sense. Well done though.

As for Agustien, he was average for us on loan. Not sure he's any better than Hammond. Seems to get injured a fair bit as well. Looked handy in the odd game but I wasn't too bothered when he returned to Swansea.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
^^^ We've already signed four players and have a further four on trial, so that makes no sense. Well done though.

As for Agustien, he was average for us on loan. Not sure he's any better than Hammond. Seems to get injured a fair bit as well. Looked handy in the odd game but I wasn't too bothered when he returned to Swansea.

Please, keep your thoughts on the 'other' infested thread.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Just thought i'd say, Augustien is a good solid midfielder who was on loan with us in 2009/10 and proper helped us to stay up when we were in stum.

He'd be a solid defensive signing alongside Bridcutt IMO.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Just thought i'd say, Augustien is a good solid midfielder who was on loan with us in 2009/10 and proper helped us to stay up when we were in stum.

He'd be a solid defensive signing alongside Bridcutt IMO.

Thanks for the balanced view, I would think he might have improved a little since then too. hope this happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here