Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New PIG

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hmmmmmm............ as rumours go it's pretty solid.
We were spoiled with the PiG but his form in rhe last month or so was pretty poor. I remember Bialkowzki from a few years ago and as has been said he was prone to Pete-style howlers but perhaps his time scrapping relegation with County has improved him? Jury's out to say the least but if he came the assumption is it would be between him and Caspar to start.

As an aside, I see Walton's dad the other day was almost begging Arsenal or Man C to come in for his son. Big payday for dad as well as his boy maybe? Would hope that if he stayed another year with us he would be our second choice keeper - career wise if not in pay terms, better at age 20 than being 5th in line at a prem club.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hmmmmmm............ as rumours go it's pretty solid.
We were spoiled with the PiG but his form in rhe last month or so was pretty poor. I remember Bialkowzki from a few years ago and as has been said he was prone to Pete-style howlers but perhaps his time scrapping relegation with County has improved him? Jury's out to say the least but if he came the assumption is it would be between him and Caspar to start.

As an aside, I see Walton's dad the other day was almost begging Arsenal or Man C to come in for his son. Big payday for dad as well as his boy maybe? Would hope that if he stayed another year with us he would be our second choice keeper - career wise if not in pay terms, better at age 20 than being 5th in line at a prem club.

Is it? Not playing games at Championship Level, not Playing games at Prem Level? More money, better coaches, better facilities, training day in day out with some top top talent. Will be able to go out on loan to gain first team experiance, its a no brainer for him if Arsenal make a bid.

As for the new keeper, will be very disapointed if this is the replacement for PIG im not expecting world class, but not much of an improvement on Casper. feels like we are taking a huge step backwards.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Can totally see why many fans will see it as somewhat uninspiring and even lacking in ambition but perhaps the scouts have spotted something..........?

Do we currently have a goalkeeping coach? Maybe that is Caspar's future?

Last edited:

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
yes he is, is this truly the limit of our ambition, is Burke incompetent or Bloom skint? not even sure he's better than Ankergren :down:

to be fair every keeper has a howler game - this was his

in terms of people being worried that he will flap, punch a lot - just so you know, Kuszczak has been told for the past 10 years to chose to punch rather than catch, due to how much the ball moves nowadays - so im sure a lot of other keepers have been told the same too

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
It's said often that the spine of the team needs to be top quality. I'd like us to sign an experienced keeper at championship level or get a Worldy of a youngster on loan from a prem club. This guy isn't either. I've not seen him play so it's difficult to pass judgement.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Kooshack wasnt the world beater as being made out on here, possibly one of our most overrated players last season, good - but not brilliant.

On topic - id be rather "meh" about it, id need convincing - especially as better is out there (IE Westwood).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Those two vids make him look like the old PIG, which raises the question: is new PIG's distribution the same as the old PIG? If the answer is yes, it's a no from me; if the answer is that his distribution is swift, accurate and decisive, then it's a yes from me.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Mladen Petric is a good goalkeeper.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I've heard (from someone I trust) that we have been trying to get Declan Rudd.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Funny how videos never show distribution when it is such a crucial element of the modern keeper's game ???

Just realised WE WOULD HAVE TO PAY A FEE for Bialkowski. For many on herr that signifies that the rumour is a non-starter shirley :lolol:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'd be more worried if the Southampton clips were from different games. Everyone has a shocker of a game, keepers are the only ones that everyone remembers.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I've heard (from someone I trust) that we have been trying to get Declan Rudd.

Had to look him up. Not sure why we would be looking at him unless the club know Walton is going. Doubt he would leave Norwich for us either unless we give him the No1 spot.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Totally underwhelmed by this. I hope he has seriously improved because I cant see how he is better than Casper or Brez. If this is the level we are looking at with regards new signings then I am worried.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
A friend of mine is a Notts County fan and rates him very, very highly. Says he is better than Kasper Schmeichel was for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here