Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Naylor Tweet

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
But that is what being an Albion fan is all about. I feel disappointed but doesn't anyone think that the club is doing it's best?

What ? Being an Albion fan has nothing to do with being disillusioned fer Chrissake. What are we ...a bunch of Masochists.
If you don't think our transfer policy has been somewhat short of expectations, then you are a simply easier pleased than most. :)

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
What ? Being an Albion fan has nothing to do with being disillusioned fer Chrissake. What are we ...a bunch of Masochists.
If you don't think our transfer policy has been somewhat short of expectations, then you are a simply easier pleased than most. :)

Maybe I am but don't we expect too much sometimes? We have done pretty well the last two seasons but we are still a Championship side with a limited wages pot.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I want to be a multi-millionaire. However somehow, just my wanting to do that hasn't been enough to do that. Yet.

In the same way that I don't doubt that the club wants for us to do well. But getting rid of the core of your team without replacing them - yet - means that's rather less likely to happen.

I have some severe doubts about our "Grrr, we're so ruddy tough when it comes negotiating. Don't you know that our chairman sometimes plays cards?"-themed approach, personally. If that's what it is, it's not exactly working at the moment, put it that way.

I agree we are rubbish at negotiating but always thought that it was a question of not being able to stump up the cash.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So today we are hoping to sign the person we were expecting to sign yesterday and he has a Liverpool connection with Sami? Is this right? This thread has gone off at so many tangents I'm a bit lost. Anyone?

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
You didn't see this from me....

289wfmu.jpg

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You didn't see this from me....

289wfmu.jpg
Obviously last years shirt but if we did get him i would be very pissed off. Dads army across the back four.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I agree we are rubbish at negotiating but always thought that it was a question of not being able to stump up the cash.

It might be. If you're negotiating, you obviously don't want to pay any more than you have to. But if you refuse to compromise even slightly, the person you're haggling with can just shrug their shoulders and sell to someone else. If that keeps happening, it's been either a) because you genuinely can't afford the price or b) you're negotiating position is too tough. They - and their many apologists - tell us it's the former. What's to say it's not the latter in the case of, say, the Ward negotiation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here