Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Monk's Farm

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So someone who objects is automatically a nimby? I'm surprised you feel that way

Do you think there should be more houses for people? If the answer is yes, then those that object are saying, not near me.

I know the traffic is a concern, but the whole of the Sussex area of the A27, is a concern, and maybe something like this will help to get the updates that are needed.
I personally think a roundabout will work better than lights.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So someone who objects is automatically a nimby?
pretty much. people cry out for housing, for business that can provide employment, when anyone want to develop a site the cry is "not here though". its a prime site for development and it will benefit the future of the club, get building.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Do you think there should be more houses for people? If the answer is yes, then those that object are saying, not near me.

I know the traffic is a concern, but the whole of the Sussex area of the A27, is a concern, and maybe something like this will help to get the updates that are needed.
I personally think a roundabout will work better than lights.

I believe in a system that allows people to question and not just use an argument that we need houses therefore they should be built anywhere that is such an easy copout
If arguments are put forward and then those concerns addressed then good ..but let's not blindly call anyone that objects is a nimby which is what you implied..as regards to the road amendments put forward I will watch with interest, as I'm puzzled as to how it will work as it currently stands

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So someone who objects is automatically a nimby?

No, he or she could be a BANANA - build absolutely nothing anywhere near anything.

But NIMBYs and BANANAs are the curse of the south east - the football club nearly died because of their machinations - and they're still holding up much needed development

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody know if the cancer unit that was originally going to be part of the hotel deal is still going ahead, or if it was just a cynical sweetener for the original deal?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No, he or she could be a BANANA - build absolutely nothing anywhere near anything.

But NIMBYs and BANANAs are the curse of the south east - the football club nearly died because of their machinations - and they're still holding up much needed development

Well that's just a plain stupid post..I never said build nothing ..did I?
I've said my piece ..and I'll leave it at that ..on here that is

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
There is a case for building there but they haven't made it. Pollution levels are already 35% above the legal maximum and they want to put the primary school (which is too small incidentally) up next to it. The 30% affordable housing won't be 30% or affordable and the management of the flood plain has been called into question. Blindly approving it because the Albion are involved does no one any favours.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I didn't claim you did say that - you've invented that bit. You asked a question and I answered it

I felt it was implied ..I apologise as that's not the case.

My argument is that developers wether they be associated with the Albion or not should be challenged where there are legitimate concerns ... it's the principle(?) ..I haven't looked at the content of the objections to date ..but I do know the proposed road layout at Lancing Manor raises questions..no doubt more will unfold in the goodness of time

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is a case for building there but they haven't made it. Pollution levels are already 35% above the legal maximum and they want to put the primary school (which is too small incidentally) up next to it. The 30% affordable housing won't be 30% or affordable and the management of the flood plain has been called into question. Blindly approving it because the Albion are involved does no one any favours.

Have you read the planning application? The answer to the drainage question is there. I don't blindly support it just because the Albion are involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here