Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Mobile Phone

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Desire HD no question

This too, it is the hottest phone on the market currently. I have the Desire, workmate just got the HD version... awesome piece of kit. But to everyone, get insured! I had mine nicked and was uninsured, cost me £350 to get a new Desire!

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Aye, I'd say the same. iphone is too posery and the stranglehold on apps is slowly wearing off as more and more companies get wise to the fact there are more android users than iphone users so Android's the safer bet now.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
iPhone. I'm currently surviving temporarily on a Samsung f***ing Corby following my move to SA and it's driving me f***ing mad with its shitness.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
This

I hear the Android Apps market is growing fast and Apps for Iphone are on the decline = HTC Desire :thumbsup:

Aye, I'd say the same. iphone is too posery and the stranglehold on apps is slowly wearing off as more and more companies get wise to the fact there are more android users than iphone users so Android's the safer bet now.

These statements are both wrong, the Apple app store has a more, higher quality content and a much larger userbase than the Android market. the Android market is also nearly impossible for a developer to make money on - it appears that no one with an Android phone actually wants to pay pocket change for an app whereas an Apple user is more likely.

Case in point - My company released an app for both the iPhone and Android - one free lite version and a 59p pro version. The iPhone pro version sold very well (10,000+) but on the Android market was awful - 12 paid downloads of the pro version to something like 120,000 downloads of the free one.

Since the Android marketplace has no formal QA procedure it means anyone can upload anything on there so there is quite a lot of crap that Google use to show how fast their marketplace is expanding, Apple actively QA and vet anything put up on the app store so if it's a big red button that yells 'WANK' or something it won't get on.

If you already have an HTC Android based phone, then the Desire HD is probably the better bet, or the Desire Z if you want something cheaper and a keyboard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here