Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New mobile phone advice for a novice

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I wish I could afford an HTC One but my HTC Desire X(and the Wildfire before it) have been my favourite phones (use Android personally, not keen on Samsung stuff though as they feel a little 'plasticky' to me).

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Thanks all - I think an android will probably suit me best and thanks for the advice about the amount re - downloads which is not a priority for me. I'd like a nice smart phone like just about everybody seems to have with good access to apps, reception, and a deal that includes a good number of minutes and texts. I'll speak to my existing o2 provider and see what they can offer or I might try one of the carphone warehouse / phones for you stores. Cheers for your thoughts. Andy.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Thanks all - I think an android will probably suit me best and thanks for the advice about the amount re - downloads which is not a priority for me. I'd like a nice smart phone like just about everybody seems to have with good access to apps, reception, and a deal that includes a good number of minutes and texts. I'll speak to my existing o2 provider and see what they can offer or I might try one of the carphone warehouse / phones for you stores. Cheers for your thoughts. Andy.

Andy , please let us know what you end up with. I am in the same situation as you and finding it hard to make a decision.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham

If you want Apps then you had better get prioritised about downloads and data it is not all about streaming live Brighton matches you know :) Apps are responsible for most downloads and data usage.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
BTW I have a star N8000 a cheap Chinese copy of a Samsung Note, big dual sim so I can chose a network that works when I need to and does everything i need it to. Only £115 notes at Amazon direct from China. Have GiffGaff and Oviviomobile sims in them total cost about £10 every 3 months.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Dare ain't nooo fone, an' I mean dare ain't NOOOO FONE! Dat be HAF da fone, dat be da H...T...C ...ONNNE! PERRRRAZE DA LAWD!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here