Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] New Michael Moore Documentary

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Both this and Anthropocene [https://youtu.be/ikMlCxzO-94] are going to sorely depress me when I get round to watching them.

As an under graduate geologist in 2001 the desire among the scientific community to label the current epoch in this way was up for debate and its resonated with me ever since how obvious and longstanding many of the issues facing us have been but that because none of them benefit the political agenda [post 9/11, rise of popularism etc and more latterly the alt right] we’ve failed to take the necessary actions.

My hope through the other side of Covid is that we all realise it’s only through collective awareness and action that things can actually be changed.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Both this and Anthropocene [https://youtu.be/ikMlCxzO-94] are going to sorely depress me when I get round to watching them.

As an under graduate geologist in 2001 the desire among the scientific community to label the current epoch in this way was up for debate and its resonated with me ever since how obvious and longstanding many of the issues facing us have been but that because none of them benefit the political agenda [post 9/11, rise of popularism etc and more latterly the alt right] we’ve failed to take the necessary actions.

My hope through the other side of Covid is that we all realise it’s only through collective awareness and action that things can actually be changed.

I will have a look at both, they look interesting?

Are you still in the field? Can you give us an indication of how factually correct they are?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It might be interesting but the fact remains that his views and hopes are shared only by people who want to believe the rubbish he spouts...

I’ve only ever seen Bowling for Columbine or Fahrenheit 911 so I fancy watching one of his rubbish spouting films...... which one would you recommend ?

Maybe the Academy of Awards gong for best documentary and a Palm D’ore clouded my judgement on the only two of his offerings I’ve seen.

Last edited:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I will have a look at both, they look interesting?

Are you still in the field? Can you give us an indication of how factually correct they are?

Yet to watch either, one might get an airing tonight if I can find the time.

No I’m not still in Geology - it never went further than my undergraduate degree but I still find time to go to the Geological Society lectures in London when work permits and stay on top of certain areas of interest.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
He was doing a Trump-focused show on Broadway back in 2017 which I went to a matinee of, and found it fascinating. I know he is quite divisive but he made a lot of sense during the show - some very persuasive arguments. Helped that the NY audience generally seemed anti-Trump.

That evening, I was at the Roger Waters show in Brooklyn, and who should I bump into in hospitality but Moore? Chatted with him and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice a chap he was. I'll definitely give this new documentary a watch.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Watching the Oscar-nominated Sicko would be timely and should remove any last doubts about the importance of healthcare.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It might be interesting but the fact remains that his views and hopes are shared only by people who want to believe the rubbish he spouts...

Isn't that true of everyone?
Though not everyone's interesting

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.

Sicko's Executive Producer is a Sicko himself.

Sicko.png

Last edited:

Nibbler

710 77345
Aug 12, 2014
Westdene
This film shatters the green energy dream. I was waiting for the explanation of how we turn it around but it never came. No mention of nuclear energy though which surely is the only option left. Perhaps Jeff Gibbs has always been anti-nuclear and can't bring himself to endorse it?

Anyway, if you need a pick-me-up after that, here is a more heartening response from the wind industry:

https://www.aweablog.org/fact-check...fundamentally-misunderstands-electric-system/

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
The film has caused a lot of controversy in the Green movement and has attracted lots of criticism as well as praise. It's certainly got a discussion going which was, I guess, the point. Here, the producers defend themselves against their critics.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here