Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Manager.... Your shortlist

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Well there is that but couldn't see him going to spurs

LOL, I've had that exact debate with some Arsenal mates at work.

As much as we love to think of players and managers loving our clubs as we do, they simply don't. They certainly don't hate our clubs rivals like we do. The Gooners who are saying "naah, he'll NEVER go to Spurs" are living in a dream. He is a professional, he plays for a club and tries to score against the opponent. Now as a manager, he takes the job that serves his career best.

George Graham! Played for Arsenal, and was a massive hero. Managed Arsenal and was a massive hero. Then when the opportunity arose, and he decided it was a good move for his career he walks into WHL as their manager.

I just can't see Dennis turning down a job because he used to play for the clubs rivals. That's just what we think when we have our club tinted specs on.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'd be happy with Clarke, Sherwood or Hughton... and Clement or Garde. <-- my shortlist...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
9 wins from 41 Premier League games in a calendar year for Clarke does not make me want him.

Who are you expecting? Mourinho, Rodgers or Pellegrini?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Despite his outbursts and slight lack of class my first choice would still be Sherwood.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Who are you expecting? Mourinho, Rodgers or Pellegrini?

What have they got to do with Clarke's poor win rate? Hughton has had better success in this league, Sherwood has a better win rate, all be it with Spurs. Garde has a better win rate, all managers that have been linked with us, so in answer to your question, anyone of the 3 with a better success rate, not to much to ask

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What have they got to do with Clarke's poor win rate? Hughton has had better success in this league, Sherwood has a better win rate, all be it with Spurs. Garde has a better win rate, all managers that have been linked with us, so in answer to your question, anyone of the 3 with a better success rate, not to much to ask

Fair point but, as you seem to realise, win rates need to be set in context. WBA were never gonna have a better win rate than Spurs. Clarke was youth boss at Chelsea, and that, I suspect, will help his cause with us.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Fair point but, as you seem to realise, win rates need to be set in context. WBA were never gonna have a better win rate than Spurs. Clarke was youth boss at Chelsea, and that, I suspect, will help his cause with us.

Ok let's put it another way, Tony said after Oscar had gone that they have had some really good candidates wanting the job.

If that's the case and Clarke gets the job, who were all the other candidates that were not good enough, must be a piss poor list

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here