Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Manager Is Needed, for Sunday League Team!

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
No I am NOT starting a Poyet Out Campaign, but this may attract a few of you on NSC that may want to be a manager!

A friend has asked me to post this in the hope of attracting a new manager for their Sussex Sunday League team.They're called Pink Flamingos FC and are based in Hurstpierpoint near Burgess Hill. They're a good bunch of players that like passing the ball around and definitely do not lack the pace at all in this league!

All of the admin can be taken care of but they are looking for somebody with a bit of a handle on tactics. Please drop Ed an email if at all interested. His address is edjbartram@googlemail.com.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
New Manager Is Needed!

There are so many people on here who are convinced that they know better than Gus, you should have no problems filling it with a world-beating manager. Get Goldstone or Kevtherev in charge and I assume you'll win the Champions League.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Was the last manager booted out because the owner didn't like him?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
No I am NOT starting a Poyet Out Campaign, but this may attract a few of you on NSC that may want to be a manager!

A friend has asked me to post this in the hope of attracting a new manager for their Sussex Sunday League team.They're called Pink Flamingos FC and are based in Hurstpierpoint near Burgess Hill. They're a good bunch of players that like passing the ball around and definitely do not lack the pace at all in this league!

All of the admin can be taken care of but they are looking for somebody with a bit of a handle on tactics. Please drop Ed an email if at all interested. His address is edjbartram@googlemail.com.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Is this a wind up? Pink Flamingos FC....

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Whoever you appoint they've got it wrong and their tactics are worthless. Get rid of them now before you appoint them.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Have been on the wrong end of their reserves (6-0) earlier on this season. If the 1st team play like the reserves then they are a very good team for this standard of football.

Surely the 1st team should be better than the reserves no?

:)
I'm manager of the reserves. This is for the 3rds (unless theres something there not telling me!)

Cracking club, superbly run, plenty of help available, plenty of players, even with 3 clubs.

If anyone is interested, really do get in touch with Ed !

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
:)
I'm manager of the reserves. This is for the 3rds (unless theres something there not telling me!)

Cracking club, superbly run, plenty of help available, plenty of players, even with 3 clubs.

If anyone is interested, really do get in touch with Ed !

Surely with all that infrastructure there must be somebody from within who will take the job ?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Usual process is grooming reserve team manager for the top job when the axe [eventually] falls on 1st team manager.
I think we should be told why the vacancy exists [given the successfulness of the team] and why no one from within is being considered [or putting themselves forward]

Do I smell a rat?

pinkflamingosfc

Dec 4, 2012
Usual process is grooming reserve team manager for the top job when the axe [eventually] falls on 1st team manager.
I think we should be told why the vacancy exists [given the successfulness of the team] and why no one from within is being considered [or putting themselves forward]

Do I smell a rat?

Thanks Philzo and everyone for the comments.

Just to answer a few questions...

We are looking for a 3rd team manager, otherwise Timbo would be offered the chance of course!

We have currently got somebody (from within) running the side, collecting the match fees, sorting the nets out etc. However we want somebody with some tactical nous. It's very difficult to find somebody suitable from within as across all 3 teams our oldest player is 23. It then comes down to mates managing mates and its not ideal.

We also have Government funding to provide football for 16-19 year olds, which pays for facilities. The lads deserve somebody who can help them improve as individuals and as a team.

We're just looking for somebody (preferably a retired Sunday player) who still wants to be involved with Sunday football and can pass on some knowledge to the younger lads.

pinkflamingosfc

Dec 4, 2012
No takers so far; I promise I won't keep bumping this thread but hopefully once won't hurt! Just incase Jose Mourinho happened to miss this thread...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here