Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New manager for Brighton

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
...is DiCanio. Because we know that the only thing that really matters is the demeanour of the manager.
Having a nutter on the touchline is the only thing we need to gain promotion.
Having a nutter on the touchline who hasn't discovered WWII is over yet -- automatic promotion.

Passion is the key. Passion, and an endless procession of scandal stories in the tabloids.

This might just be the best post of yours that I've read.
That said, after Gus' histrionics on the touchline and the manner of his departure, I do think it's striking that his next two successors appear that much more passive, rather than passionate.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
My thoughts on this whole saga is, if Sami Lee had come would we be where we are now? What impact has he had down at Southampton, this might ultimately cost our man his job.

Secondly, if we end up changing managers make it a British manager.... Name me the teams constantly being promoted into the prem and there are hardly any foreign managers... Is this a coincidence?

Less of a coincidence and more of a statistical likelihood. Pretty sure you'll find that a similar number of British managers have been relegated from the Championship as have been promoted.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
My thoughts on this whole saga is, if Sami Lee had come would we be where we are now? What impact has he had down at Southampton, this might ultimately cost our man his job.

Secondly, if we end up changing managers make it a British manager.... Name me the teams constantly being promoted into the prem and there are hardly any foreign managers... Is this a coincidence?

On point one, I don't think it's right to assume Sammy Lee is the definition between success and failure. He could be the guy that lays out the cones at Southampton for all we know.

On point two, I've said this before, I couldn't give a monkeys about nationality as long as they're a GOOD manager or coach or whatever the hell we actually want.

BlueMan58

Oct 18, 2014
I agree entirely, you don't become a succesful club changing managers every time you lose. Alex Ferguson was awful at the beginning of his rein and it's happening to his successor's too. Patience and backing from the supporters is what Sammi and the team needs now!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
On point one, I don't think it's right to assume Sammy Lee is the definition between success and failure. He could be the guy that lays out the cones at Southampton for all we know.

On point two, I've said this before, I couldn't give a monkeys about nationality as long as they're a GOOD manager or coach or whatever the hell we actually want.

That's true, but what is disappointing is that when Lee turned his back (belatedly) on us, I hoped he'd later regret it. Sadly quite the opposite I imagine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here