Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Licensing Laws - Concorde 2

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The new law gives very heavy penalties for purchasing or drinking under age but now allows for a person of 16 to drink WINE provided they are eatinga meal and accompanied by an over eighteen. i.e. an 18 year old fellow can buy his 16 year old girl friend wine provided she keeps some food in front of her I can see a lot of girls buying a meal with a salad garnish and eating some of that garnish every 30 minutes so as to drink more wine.

Jul 5, 2003
BN11
BensGrandad said:
The new law gives very heavy penalties for purchasing or drinking under age but now allows for a person of 16 to drink WINE provided they are eatinga meal and accompanied by an over eighteen. i.e. an 18 year old fellow can buy his 16 year old girl friend wine provided she keeps some food in front of her I can see a lot of girls buying a meal with a salad garnish and eating some of that garnish every 30 minutes so as to drink more wine.

Yes, but this thread was about the Concorde not being able to hold 14+ shows anymore. Having seen kids going mental (on soft drinks) when their favourite bands were playing at the Concorde, I think I'm safe in saying that nibbling on a salad garnish as an excuse for drinking wine was the furthest thing from their minds. No-one's naive enough to think that kids aren't drinking but provided the Concorde ensures that they don't all the time that 14+ kids are on the premises then I think they've done enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here