[Football] New Kits Thread - Season 23/24

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I love these threads. I don't actually care that much about the kits - I've not bought one (apart from the black training shirt from a few years ago) for over 20 years - but I still get irate when we release yet another shit one!

Also with Newcastle going full Saudi with their away kits I'd piss myself laughing if the owners went the whole hog and did what the Cardiff owner did and announced they're changing the club colours to green along with changing all the seats in the stadium to green. If they were to change the club emblem to a falcon instead of a magpie I'd be down with that too.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
We somehow need to honour our South American or Japanese fans with our away or 3rd kit, like Wolves did with their Portuguese players and Newcastle have with their Saudi owners!

WeAreBrighton.com :: Brighton and Hove Albion Kit Cock Ups

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I love these threads. I don't actually care that much about the kits - I've not bought one (apart from the black training shirt from a few years ago) for over 20 years - but I still get irate when we release yet another shit one!

Also with Newcastle going full Saudi with their away kits I'd piss myself laughing if the owners went the whole hog and did what the Cardiff owner did and announced they're changing the club colours to green along with changing all the seats in the stadium to green. If they were to change the club emblem to a falcon instead of a magpie I'd be down with that too.
Same for me. Must be some part of my brain that's still 13 years old and interested in football kits, while the rest of my brain is 42 and has ne real interest in buying a football kit.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Same for me. Must be some part of my brain that's still 13 years old and interested in football kits, while the rest of my brain is 42 and has ne real interest in buying a football kit.
Same. I look forward to this thread more than any other! I really should know better…

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Some international shirts for 2023/24.

A rather smart retro effort for Denmark
Screenshot_20230508_140638_Chrome.jpg

Japan's away shirt
Screenshot_20230508_140541_Chrome.jpg

And the one we've all been waiting for, the Honduras third shirt.
Screenshot_20230508_140321_Chrome.jpg

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

ha, yeah exactly the same, although I did buy a shirt about 7 years ago drunk online. May have still been hoping I could make it out on to the futsal pitch again. (Didn't happen) However, this year I have the added interest in that my son wants a shirt, so am looking forward to what we're going to get.

be happy with that if stripes at the back
With the new PL names and numbers font I'm hoping there is a chance of having a fully striped shirt...

The Avery-Dennison video of the design process showed them testing it with fully striped shirts, so must be possible!

The new numbers are MASSIVE so as long as the colour contrast is sufficient no reason not to have the stripes.

(Edit: Attached pics snapped from the video)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 14.19.07.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 14.19.07.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 14.21.16.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 14.21.16.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
With the new PL names and numbers font I'm hoping there is a chance of having a fully striped shirt...

The Avery-Dennison video of the design process showed them testing it with fully striped shirts, so must be possible!
Will depend on whether Nike are prepared to make a shirt back without a panel. I know Puma do, as do Castore, not sure about adidas, but I think in Europe Nike don't, or rather didn't for last season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

The new numbers are MASSIVE so as long as the colour contrast is sufficient no reason not to have the stripes.

(Edit: Attached pics snapped from the video)
Update:
It looks like Nike have been producing a shirt back (for Inter) with stripes, perhaps there is hope for us.

1683903084031.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports