Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New kit - WHEN!?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Outside of the wonderful world of managerial speculation....

Why every season are we left waiting until the first game of pre-season for the kit to be launched as opposed to every other club in the land who seems to launch their's almost before the end of the proceeding season?

Seems to me that we are missing a crucial sales period as people plan their summer wardrobe, I'm on holiday in June and wanted to buy the new kit for my son to go away with. Now that we are down to a new kit every season effectively restricting our sales period given that we can only expect to sell in any volume at full price up to Christmas every year.

Barber has been so effective at everything else comercially, suprised we're missing this opportunity. Anyone got any idea at least as to when it is going to go on sale?

:nono:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
There have been several threads on this but don't be surprised that you have to wait til August, after the world cup. Nike will be focussed on production and sales for the world cup, so by the time that's all over they can focus on their other customers, some of whom will be longstanding and probably higher up their priority list.
Don't worry - before long there will be more Brighton shirts available than you can shake a stick at. First, second and third kits. First kits changing every year and I suspect second and third kits changing once every couple of years so there will usually be a couple to buy each season (Christmas is such a fun time for football mad parents and kids).
As others have said, buying at sales time is probably the cheapest route. They can't be changing home kits that much as the badge is settled and so is the sponsor for another 8 years. I just hope that they come up with sensible designs on the reverse so we can see the bloody numbers and avoid another storm on NSC.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Why every season are we left waiting until the first game of pre-season for the kit to be launched as opposed to every other club in the land who seems to launch their's almost before the end of the proceeding season?

Seems to me that we are missing a crucial sales period as people plan their summer wardrobe, I'm on holiday in June and wanted to buy the new kit for my son to go away with. Now that we are down to a new kit every season effectively restricting our sales period given that we can only expect to sell in any volume at full price up to Christmas every year.

Barber has been so effective at everything else comercially, suprised we're missing this opportunity. Anyone got any idea at least as to when it is going to go on sale?

Why would you even care in mid-May? The season's not even technically over yet. Errea contract probably not even reached its end date.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pretty sure we haven't been for the last two kits. I'm surprised how many people are desperate to find fault with the club at every slightest opportunity.

You're right. I bought & wore the green away kit on our preseason tour of Portugal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The new kit was out last year on the day of the Whitehawk friendly.

Without looking it up, I think it was early July ???

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Brighton's and Nike's long-term partnership will begin on 1st June 2014, while they also announced that the new Brighton 2014-15 Kits will be exclusively available via the official club stores and the retail website.

I would guess there could be a launch on 2 June when you can pre-order the kit for delivery mid July

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Barcelona have just revealed their new Nike kit. Hopefully those lovely Nike people will have time to concentrate on finishing ours off now.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Barcelona have just revealed their new Nike kit. Hopefully those lovely Nike people will have time to concentrate on finishing ours off now.

Iron? Check
Transfer? Check
Lady who does? Check

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Are there really that many people stupid enough to buy a full priced kit!? Surely anyone with half a brain will wait anyway.

Not in my house they don't mate, it'll be home and away for both boys with names and numbers .... it's the law, apparently!

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
I can't wait it gets me in the mood for the new season £40 is the same price as pretty much every other football top out there

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

If you plan your wardrobe based on the release of football kits then you need to take a long hard look at yourself

Pretty sure we haven't been for the last two kits. I'm surprised how many people are desperate to find fault with the club at every slightest opportunity.

This

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
If you plan your wardrobe based on the release of football kits then you need to take a long hard look at yourself

This

Thanks for your valuable input. If you read the remainder of that sentence you will see that I wanted to buy the shirt as a suprise for my three year old son before we go on holiday. He is just showing interest in having a "seagull t-shirt like Daddy". So criticise me for trying to encourage my children to follow the Albion.

Regardless of my personal situation or desire for a more prompt release of the kit, I am sure there are a number of adults who do look forward to wearing the kit on their holidays. Not me, I only wear mine for 5 a-side, but there are some people. Once again, thanks for your input and inclusive attitude.

As for Notters point - it misses my point completely - what I am saying is that we are missing a valuable sales period by only releasing kits in July (at the earliest).
I'm sure Barber is working to remedy this for future seasons, as I have complete faith in his commercial nous.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Thanks for your valuable input. If you read the remainder of that sentence you will see that I wanted to buy the shirt as a suprise for my three year old son before we go on holiday. He is just showing interest in having a "seagull t-shirt like Daddy". So criticise me for trying to encourage my children to follow the Albion.

Regardless of my personal situation or desire for a more prompt release of the kit, I am sure there are a number of adults who do look forward to wearing the kit on their holidays. Not me, I only wear mine for 5 a-side, but there are some people. Once again, thanks for your input and inclusive attitude.

As for Notters point - it misses my point completely - what I am saying is that we are missing a valuable sales period by only releasing kits in July (at the earliest).
I'm sure Barber is working to remedy this for future seasons, as I have complete faith in his commercial nous.

Well said.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I think his comment was intended to be more light hearted and tongue-in-cheek than how you may have heard it, IMO.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I think his comment was intended to be more light hearted and tongue-in-cheek than how you may have heard it, IMO.

Do you know what I don't massively give a sh1t! Was just making a point about an opportunity for the club and expressing my own personal frustration and think it gets a bit boring on here when you are not allowed to offer an opinion for fear of being perceived as sad or against the club by one of the NSC mafia.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I can't wait it gets me in the mood for the new season £40 is the same price as pretty much every other football top out there

The extra tenner won't spoil your mood?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here