Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Kit Thread

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sheffield Wednesday away. Disappointing for a Puma kit.

sheffield-wednesday-12-13-puma-way-football-shirt-a(1).

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Incidentally: if that MK away shirt is intended to be a tribute to their stadium, does that mean it's shiny on the front, ugly and exposed round the back, only half-finished and designed to be three times too large for the occupant?

:lolol:

They're finishing it at the moment so it will be a 32,000 capacity stadium just in time for next season.
Shame their average attendance is around 8,000.. Make that 4 times too large for the occupant

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Stokederland.

That Sheff Wed kit is rank as well, not impressed with PUMA.

The best kit makers at the minute are, by some distance, Umbro. The worst are Macron, horrific.

I did think it was Stoke before I looked closer. Personally, I'm a fan of Kappa kits (shame they do scummy Pompey but hopefully they'll come to their senses soon), but the Umbro ones this season appear generally quite classic in style. In Southampton's case, so classic, they're basically a borrowed old Forest kit.

You're right about Macron though, I have never, ever seen a decent shirt in their collection. They compete with lower league regulars Vandanel (manufacturers of that awful MK thing) for the title of Most Noddy Kit Manufacturer.

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
I did think it was Stoke before I looked closer. Personally, I'm a fan of Kappa kits (shame they do scummy Pompey but hopefully they'll come to their senses soon), but the Umbro ones this season appear generally quite classic in style. In Southampton's case, so classic, they're basically a borrowed old Forest kit.

You're right about Macron though, I have never, ever seen a decent shirt in their collection. They compete with lower league regulars Vandanel (manufacturers of that awful MK thing) for the title of Most Noddy Kit Manufacturer.

Kappa do some nice kits aye, not a huge fan of QPR's but Fulham's is quality.

The shorts on Leeds' kit are absolutely laughable....

New-Leeds-Away-Kit-12-13.jpg

I've not seen Macron do a nice kit either, that 'thing' on the shoulders is so tacky. And agreed about Vandanel as well.

seagullfromamex

Apr 6, 2012
Kappa do some nice kits aye, not a huge fan of QPR's but Fulham's is quality.

The shorts on Leeds' kit are absolutely laughable....

New-Leeds-Away-Kit-12-13.jpg

I've not seen Macron do a nice kit either, that 'thing' on the shoulders is so tacky. And agreed about Vandanel as well.

What the hell?!? Gladiators in ancient Rome had shorts like this, Macron sort it out... Thanks god Errea is good enough.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I watched the Toronto V Liverpool friendly last night, got to say the Liverpool Home kit looked amazing, from a distance it's the same shade of red as their kits from the 70's. Nice cut too.

I quite like the "outsider" kits, the likes of Warrior, Under Armour, Canterbury etc (got to say, I did like the Canterbury Pompey away kit)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Much as it pains me to say it, the new man city shirt is very smart, I like it

564657_10151006368598778_1997211910_n.jpg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Think it's a shame in many ways we aren't going to re-sign with errea, they have produced some classic designs for us over the years, so much so that we are now known as being an 'errea club'. In fact after Middlesboro l think we were the first Football League club that signed up to them. Agree about the umbro kits though, in the most part simple, classic, and stylish. But don't, please don't put us in a macron kit from next season!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Strange to bounce the 2012/13 thread, rather than the 2013/14 thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here