Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit deal: it is NIKE

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I don't suppose any of these West Sussex folk ever get to go to the Amex ? Oh well opportunity missed.

That's hardly the point is it - surely it's about getting people who DON'T go to the Amex becoming involved? It's about visibility, how good would it be to have kids going to play football with their mates wearing Albion shirts instead of the likes of Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. If local business could stock our shirts, it would give people more ability to get one?? Club shop only retail is the sort of thing I'd expect from lower and non league clubs, not clubs that wish to show the world that they are "Premier League Ready"??

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Holding onto the marketing rights does not stop the club coming to a licensing agreement with individual retailers to stock a range of Albion merchandise, question is does any retailer think having such a license is going to be worth it.

I for one think it is good to restrict the channels through which it can be purchased in order to maintain price levels and to stop the brand being cheapened.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Would rather have ANYONE else TBH. Nike screams chav at me, though I don't really like "brands" anyway.

Edit: It will have to look bloody nice for me to buy one, whereas I would've bought any errea kit.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would rather have ANYONE else TBH. Nike screams chav at me, though I don't really like "brands" anyway.

It's not the worst option by a long shot. Macron, Lotto & Burrda are three I can think of who make hideous shirts.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
IMG_23329360459086.jpeg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Next years away kit?

Untitled-1.jpg

£49.99 to you sir, or for the kids size, £49.99.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well, as long as it isnt the same as Hartlepool United - then its fine. Amazing how some people on here are constantly moaning.

We are losing millions and Nike have obviously stumped up more than Errea (suspect exact amounts would be revealed soon) so it makes more sense. If the Albion do get a bespoke kit from Nike, then that is a bit of a coup since they dont usually for lower league clubs. I do hope the price isnt ridiculous though, a jump from £40 to £50 could seriously harm sales.

Do wonder if this has links to the rumour of a Nike store opening in Brighton too, certainly makes sense - perhaps that could be linked in with the deal.

Oh, and moaning about where Nike kits are made - how do you know Errea its arent/werent made in the same way ?

PS - do like the above away shirt - same it is Blackburn's current one though.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
I'm very happy with this (apart from if the design is crap). I have never been too happy with Errea's manufacture quality, stitching from all 3 shirts from the last 3 seasons has started to deteriorate after about 6 months, and from what i've experienced before, Nike's quality is very good.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
For fans of collars (That means I'm not looking at you, Hoskins), how about this in blue without the sleeve sponsor?

coritiba2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here