Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit - business opportunity being lost

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Have kits ever been released this early to buy? We sure seem to have some needy fans...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
FFS not another one :facepalm:

Why do people feel the need to come on here an try to micro manage the club?

Shirt sales will go bonkers at the first few games. Anyone who's going to buy one will end up buying one anyway, it really doesn't matter.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
Dear Father Christmas,

Get me a brand new Nike Brighton top before it is released or the reindeer will experience pain.

(I've been good all year).

Love

Russ

37yrs old.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
FFS not another one :facepalm:

Why do people feel the need to come on here an try to micro manage the club?

Shirt sales will go bonkers at the first few games. Anyone who's going to buy one will end up buying one anyway, it really doesn't matter.
100% this - I mean are people not going to buy it because they dont know the release date. I just dont understand the hysteria about this stuff!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I've never known such hysteria about our new kit as we have this summer. I've noticed that each pre season over recent years this has got worse but this year is unbelievable. People melting down about it.

Yes its good to see the new kit and we'll all give our opinion for a couple of days but christ almighty , I've seen autistic kids less obsessive about a new purchase.

Get a grip !

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've never known such hysteria about our new kit as we have this summer. I've noticed that each pre season over recent years this has got worse but this year is unbelievable. People melting down about it.

Yes its good to see the new kit and we'll all give our opinion for a couple of days but christ almighty , I've seen autistic kids less obsessive about a new purchase.

Get a grip !

Indeed, and wait for the outpouring of criticism of it when it does appear, stripes too wide, stripe too narrow, blue too light, blue too dark, collar V, collar round, yellow trim, not enough white, not enough blue, massive blank white back panel, no stripes on the back, poor quality, iron-on Amex logo peeling off etc etc.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Get a grip !

Part of me hopes it's absolutely dreadful, just to see the resulting binfest on here!

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Have kits ever been released this early to buy? We sure seem to have some needy fans...
I remember 2 seasons ago Leeds releasing their new kit in the last game of the season against us.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Stage a dirty protest in your bedroom until your family get you one?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I remember 2 seasons ago Leeds releasing their new kit in the last game of the season against us.

Many clubs have done that in the past, I was pointing out that shirts haven't gone on sale at this time.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine

Get a grip !

This - plus the thought of overweight middle aged men pouring themselves into the latest polyester (breathable fabric my ar**) offering, just in time for the hottest/sweatiest part of the year fills me with fear and dread at the distinct possibility of a harrowing visual and nasal assault.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I suspect that Nike don't wish to affect England shirt sales...

hahahahahahaha

Indeed, and wait for the outpouring of criticism of it when it does appear, .

Not everyone needs to wait until it actually DOES appear to start their criticism though, Phil, do they?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
If you have an errea shirt already, I am certain you will be disappointed by the Nike one.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
My family had said that they would buy me the new shirt for a Fathers Day. Still no sign of the shirt and no indication of the date, so they will buy something else this weekend. I suspect that Nike don't wish to affect England shirt sales but this is getting stupid. Too much cloak and dagger here, I am a customer who like so many of us spends a four figure sum with the club every year. Show us some respect and at least let us know when it's going to be launched.

Valid point.

Whether people on here think men in replica shirts is the look they want or not, the reality IS that this time of year people are looking to buy the new shirt if it's out. The "fans" who buy a shirt to wear at games through the season will still buy one whenever they come out. But some people will be buying them for the summer, for holidays, or as a present (birthday or Fathers Day).

Why do people think clubs started wearing their new shirt in the last home game of the season the last few years? It's to catch the summer demand.

It does seem strange why we have taken so long over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here