Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New ipad - WIFI or WIFI with 3/4G?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wife uses her 3G iPad2 in the car, with and a monthly 3G subscription when we go away.

Keeps her quiet, and is brilliant for navigation / traffic news, etc. You certainly couldn't do that with wi-fi, free or otherwise.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
As others have said, tethering or mifi is the way to go to get 3G on the go. Up to five other devices can connect to your personal hot spot as well if you are feeling generous!

I am eagerly awaiting the 32gb wi if IPad on Friday.

Car phone Warehouse have offered £245 for my 16gb IPad 2 wifi. I have until the 22nd to take up their offer. I was surprised that the offer wasn't conditional on purchasing a new one from them, especially as I ordered directly from Apple.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
If you're torn on where to spend the extra £100, I'd go for 32gb (over 16gb) rather than 3/4G.

Some apps and games are getting very big - c1gb and this trend is only likely to continue with the higher resolution screen to take advantage of. Additionally you might want to be storing higher-res video, again to take advantage of the screen.

If anything our 32gb feels a bit small now we have 2 kids with 2 differing tastes when it comes to films/TV programmes to watch, although Netflix helps a bit with a big library on demand over the air.

I use a MiFi to get online when away from WiFi, such as when on a train. As others have said, it's likely you could tether to your phone to do similar.

Horses for courses - I don't need the extra capacity, but I do use mine mainly away from wifi, therefore the convenience of not having to tether outweighs the extra capacity for a compoarable cost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here