Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Ground...

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
When my son was born 8 years ago it was clear that his first football match would be in new state of the art stadium, the green would be the greenest green he'd ever see, the cheering and singing as he entered would never leave him, he would be in love with a great football team- and all his peers would knock him at school for not supporting a Premiershite club, and he would just respond "you wouldn't understand..." and walk away shoulders held high...

well I gave in, we went to the Donny match, through the temporary stand, could just make out the opposite end watched the worst game i'd seen, and then the words I was dreading " dad, can we go now, this is boring".
We didn't, we stayed, drumming in early that you don't leave before the final whistle- siting the Burnley game as a classic example.

Next day grandad asked him if he'd had a good day, I waited for the response with trepidation...
"Yep" was the simple but, for me, relieving reply- we WOULD go again.

I regularly see Mr Stanley in my local, he wonders why I give him grief- He doesn't understand.
forever.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
medicine man said:
When my son was born 8 years ago it was clear that his first football match would be in new state of the art stadium, the green would be the greenest green he'd ever see, the cheering and singing as he entered would never leave him, he would be in love with a great football team- and all his peers would knock him at school for not supporting a Premiershite club, and he would just respond "you wouldn't understand..." and walk away shoulders held high...

well I gave in, we went to the Donny match, through the temporary stand, could just make out the opposite end watched the worst game i'd seen, and then the words I was dreading " dad, can we go now, this is boring".
We didn't, we stayed, drumming in early that you don't leave before the final whistle- siting the Burnley game as a classic example.

Next day grandad asked him if he'd had a good day, I waited for the response with trepidation...
"Yep" was the simple but, for me, relieving reply- we WOULD go again.

I regularly see Mr Stanley in my local, he wonders why I give him grief- He doesn't understand.
forever.
you must live quite near to where i live because i see him on the odd occasion and i too give him a lot of grief!

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
medicine man said:
Aye in The Tudor Tavern, mostly
i saw that twat in the reema the other week and gave him a right ear bashing! i go in the tudor occasionally but have never seen him in there.

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
he goes in there with his lad, Charlie- he's alright.

I have instructed Islam to BAN Stanley from the Reema, obviously to no avail!:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here