Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Grand THeft Auto Game - First Screenshots

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
looks the same as Vice City to me so far, apart from the bicycle...although if you can knock people off them then the anti-violence in games brigade will have a field day :rolleyes:

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
disappointment vice city was not!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Josky said:

that was an alright game, if you we're into RPG type stuff as I was at that time!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I just didnt like the way that Vice City looked at all, compared to GTA3. Although I can comment too much on the gameplay, as I didnt play it for a while and I think my ex-flatmate must have lent it to someone as it disappeared from my collection long ago, the graphics were really off-putting. There seemed to be a constant blurring, and when driving at high speeds, you often failed to see stuff that was approaching you because of this.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Razi said:
seemed to be a constant blurring, and when driving at high speeds, you often failed to see stuff that was approaching you because of this.

must be the PS2 version then 'cos on the PC its as crisp as daylight, graphics are very decent and the gameplay is awesome...as is the general game!

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Razi said:
There seemed to be a constant blurring, and when driving at high speeds, you often failed to see stuff that was approaching you because of this.

I never noticed that on the PS2. Quality game:clap2:

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Hilton said:
I never noticed that on the PS2. Quality game:clap2:

Really? I had the PS2 version, and going from GTA3 to Vice City seemed like night and day. Others agree:
http://www.bluegamers.com/ps2/reviews/gtavc/
The graphics in Vice City are superb, even going as far as surpassing those of GTAIII. They would have been better, however, if they hadn’t included so many dang blur effects, I would be happy. You’ll see what I mean. Sometimes, the blur effects get so unruly that you can’t even see what’s happening. This was a fault that plagued its predecessor, but Vice City succumbs to it in an even larger degree. This is unfortunate, since Vice City is so beautiful, but it becomes nearly un-see-able at times.

http://www.gamepro.com/sony/ps2/games/reviews/26908.shtml
However, the famous GTAIII motion blur is back, and it's worse than ever: the entire game looks like Tommy took some kind of really bad acid. This feature can be turned off, and it's recommended you do so as soon as possible, but the blurring also hides some of the graphic plainness that's an unfortunate necessity of the game's huge environments.

To be fair, I never knew you could disable it. =)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Razi said:
There seemed to be a constant blurring, and when driving at high speeds, you often failed to see stuff that was approaching you because of this.

If you had read the manual or looked at the options you'd know you can turn this effect off.

Edit: d'oh you know that now. :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here