Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Goalkeeper ?

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Darren Randolph is also a decent shout, I'd just prefer Westwood!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Westwood is a good shout but I would look at Frederici of Reading may wish to get 1st team football or Luke Steele of Barnsley. Glad Stech is out of the reckoning as he is no better than Ankergren.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
How about Speroni,he is available.

I hate the thought of julian leaving but the rumours still persist about us being after another no 1 ( ruddy ) so im bracing myself . I would hate it if he joined you but the fact remains he is a very good goalkeeper and has just had his best ever season for us . I still hope he stays but im not so sure now and with him being settled in surrey with a new restaurant doing well geographically it would seem sensible if he joined you as he wouldnt have to move . Julian is a legend , a gentleman and a total professional and he wouldnt go down in my estimation if he left ( even to you ) He would do you proud .

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I'd prefer to see Keiren Westwood here. BUT I'd be more than happy to see him here. Top quality goalkeeper and being realistic he would have to re-locate his family which plays a big part on an 'older players' decision to move. I think he would come, despite him being a palace guy....as shown by Dougie's comments, very few palace fans would turn on him. The spanish influence may help the decision too.

Great keeper and from my experience he is one of those nice guys in football. I remember playing for Wolves at Palace in a youth team game and speroni was there. Had time for everyone and was happy to chat to anyone there.......just a shame its one of 'them' :/

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Letting Kusczcak go means we were confident of having a replacement lined up. My betting would be a free agent so either someone out of contract from abroad who under the rules could negotiate with a UK club over the last six months, or a UK based player who has indicated a firm interest once officially released.
Not greatly helpful but doesn't exclude Westwood who is an exceptional keeper. No way will pay a fee but if we did I think that for consisency Randolph was the best of many good keepers we faced in the last two seasons.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Letting Kusczcak go means we were confident of having a replacement lined up. My betting would be a free agent so either someone out of contract from abroad who under the rules could negotiate with a UK club over the last six months, or a UK based player who has indicated a firm interest once officially released.
Not greatly helpful but doesn't exclude Westwood who is an exceptional keeper. No way will pay a fee but if we did I think that for consisency Randolph was the best of many good keepers we faced in the last two seasons.
Iy must be remembered that we let TK leave rather than tbe otherway around so it would appear that either negotiations for his replacement are at an advanced stage or the club had been advised that he wasnt going ro sign a new contract. Perhaps this could explain his drop in form towards the end of last season.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
QUOTE=Telford Seagull;6358109]Jamie Ashdown is a no from me. If he was to come in as a back up keeper/ankergren replacement then fair enough but he's not better than anks IMO.

Also, if you say that Westwood may have lost a bit playing for sunderland reserves.....then surley the same would be for Ashdown? Always been 2nd choice at leeds since he went there

Westwood for me is an obvious choice. But like I say, Joe Murphy from Coventry wouldn't be a bad choice[/QUOTE]

http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-talks-out-of-contract-coventry-7172573

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I'd take Westwood. Good age,experienced, played approx 12 games for Sunderland last year. Wages shouldn't be a problem A yes from me.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I really rate Speroni. You would get idiots booing him because he was Palace. What was that about him having a restaurant. I thought they only da cafés in Croydon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here