Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] New Girls football team - Eastbourne

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Afternoon,

I've decided to dust my football boots down, and set up up a new girls football team in Eastbourne.

The team I will be coaching is the under 13 age group (year 8s as of September 24). The club we are likely to be under are also looking for players (girls) of other age groups. I will share the name of the club once we have been on boarded!

We will be playing in the women's and girls Sunday league. The team will be mixed ability with equal game time being given to provide ever player with a fair chance. Think development team.

Style of play?? Think Wimbledon of the 80a/90s, with a view to incorporate De Zerbi ball as we progress!

If you know of anyone wanting to play, drop me a message and I will share further details. 👍

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Afternoon,

I've decided to dust my football boots down, and set up up a new girls football team in Eastbourne.

The team I will be coaching is the under 13 age group (year 8s as of September 24). The club we are likely to be under are also looking for players (girls) of other age groups. I will share the name of the club once we have been on boarded!

We will be playing in the women's and girls Sunday league. The team will be mixed ability with equal game time being given to provide ever player with a fair chance. Think development team.

Style of play?? Think Wimbledon of the 80a/90s, with a view to incorporate De Zerbi ball as we progress!

If you know of anyone wanting to play, drop me a message and I will share further details. 👍
Good luck, if you want a few friendlies etc I'll attempt to help.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
Hopefully you are pushing against an open door. There are summer tournaments to build a bit of team spirit.
Thanks. The club are massively open to growth of their girls teams. We will definitely look to enter the tournaments too. 👍
Husband and wife coaching team (for now). Hope it doesn't lead to a divorce. 😃

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Sussex FA have been leaders in the growth of the girls game - here

However, even before the UEFA Women’s EUROs kicked off, Sussex were leading the way in the growth of women’s and girls’ football and we were ranked in the top three performing County FA’s, having increased the number of teams from 162 to 489.

At Steyning we went from a single trailblazing team to where we have almost 100 girls playing the game. There are many clubs that have been offering girls football for many years. I tip my cap to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here