Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] New Fridge/Freezer

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Fridge/Freezer just stopped working. Any suggestions for shops/websites etc that can ideally deliver tomorrow ?

In anticipation :thumbsup:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Fridge/Freezer just stopped working. Any suggestions for shops/websites etc that can ideally deliver tomorrow ?

In anticipation :thumbsup:
Can strongly recommend marks electrical, excellent service and after care, next day on all in stock and use code: save10

and you'll get 10% off. Bought fridge freezer, new oven and TV, very impressed with them ,over currys or AO, often cheaper and better rating on trustpilot.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I used AO.com when my unit went down. Fast delivery and I thought a good price. Next day I recieved an email about £200 off the fridge and got a refund when I asked.
Also check Currys first as they may have stock units, not much help if you only have a car though.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I started checking out new ones and then thought 'maybe I should check the fuse' and :blush:

But it is old and I'll need a new one soon, so thanks for all the help :thumbsup:

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
This morning I sadly dropped a tray of ice cubes under the freezer.

But I don't want to talk about it now - it's all water under the fridge.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
And it’s another vote for Carters from me. Great to support a local business that’s been able to stand up to the big boys - they must be doing something right.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It’s our throw away world where very little is worth repairing and fridge freezers are a case in point, my parents purchased a fridge in 1968 and while sadly they are not the fridge is still going while todays Offerings might be very much more efficient they are designed to not last or effectively be repaired, that’s the capitalist society we find ourselves living, in one where governments are advised by the very same institutions that deliver setting new targets ensuring obsolescence is built within everything made

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s our throw away world where very little is worth repairing and fridge freezers are a case in point, my parents purchased a fridge in 1968 and while sadly they are not the fridge is still going while todays Offerings might be very much more efficient they are designed to not last or effectively be repaired, that’s the capitalist society we find ourselves living, in one where governments are advised by the very same institutions that deliver setting new targets ensuring obsolescence is built within everything made

The repair place near the bottom of Bear Road has fixed our fridge freezer before, Stringer Appliances. Not sure if they’re still going?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
This morning I sadly dropped a tray of ice cubes under the freezer.

But I don't want to talk about it now - it's all water under the fridge.
I recomend a good ice maker. Nothing better than ice cubes in a few minutes in the summer

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Last year, we replaced our 2 standalone fridge and freezers (bought 2007) with a combined one and I've noticed a reduction in electricity use since.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
My advice do your research before you buy . I have joined which and they test everything and then rate products . They are totally unbiased and trustworthy unlike many reviews you see for free online.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here