Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Forest CEO makes FFP a priority

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Pretty sure it's spectacularly against the rules.

I could be wrong (and am happy to be shown so) but I'm fairly certain feeder club agreements aren't currently permitted within the English game, and that only really involves a formal agreement around loaning players. To actively buy players through a separate club would be a whole new level.

Ahahahahahaha.

Watford.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
What a joke.

"Oh yeah. That FPP thing. I'll sit down with the football league to make sure I fully understand it after we storm the league by totally ignoring the existing regulations"

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Bear in mind that Manchester City breached UEFA rules and were fined. No legal action.

It may well be decent lawyers drew up the Championship FFP, but we shall have to wait and see who actually broke the rules and what is done about it in three months time, when audited accounts are submitted.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
People talking about teams getting out of punishment are forgetting the majority of teams who wanted this regulation. I don't imagine we and everybody else would take it lying down if nothing is done.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Circumvention of rules by using feeder clubs: here's a good link for a quick overview.

They've brought another three in this season as well from their feeder clubs, including one player who signed for Granada and then directly signed from Granada to Watford.
Oh I don't dispute that it's going on involving overseas clubs but I don't think that it could be done using another English club...

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
It seems this FFP has been around for ages. Has any team been fined/transfer enbargo inforced yet? If not why not?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Forest have done the ultimate FFP swerve

1 - Sell 2 players to Newcastle for millions.
2 - Get both players back on season long loans.
3 - Pay 0% of the wages for these 2 players during their loan spells.

It is genius.

Maybe we should take note of this manoeuvre for future deals ???

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Pearce's FFP Forest are sitting pretty at the top but we know from fairly recent experience that being top after one month or so generally means jack shit in this league. A defeat to Derby at the City Ground the weekend after next should get the wheels in motion on that one. There are one or two other highly fancied teams who will struggle to last the pace as well. Hopefully those who've stuck two fingers up to FFP. Wolves seem to have real momentum carrying on from last seasons success. I can see them having another great season. Jackett's done a fine job.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Oh I don't dispute that it's going on involving overseas clubs but I don't think that it could be done using another English club...

There are probably rules in the FA about owning multiple teams, but honestly if it can be done with an overseas club then it's a loophole which will be exploited. The fact that the other club needs to be outside of England really doesn't mean much these days.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Bear in mind that Manchester City breached UEFA rules and were fined. No legal action.

It may well be decent lawyers drew up the Championship FFP, but we shall have to wait and see who actually broke the rules and what is done about it in three months time, when audited accounts are submitted.

Very good points well made. My understanding of FFP is that clubs in the football league who break the FFP rules will be subject to a transfer embargo which will see them unable to sign any new players or negotiate contracts with existing players. My worry is that Forest may have already signed all they need and by the time this has any kind of effect they may well be in the Premier League and then able to start signing players again!!

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's pure speculation, for all we know Forest will post accounts showing compliance with FFP rules. The ground sponsorship and Newcastle deals could be enough.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
GingerBeerMan;655162o6 said:
What's stopping Forest or any other team buying a very low level league club, buying players through them, and then loaning (or selling if that's allowed) the players to the parent club for free straight away?

Isnt that what the owner of Charlton is doing as he owns about 4 clubs at different levels in different countries.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What's stopping Forest or any other team buying a very low level league club, buying players through them, and then loaning (or selling if that's allowed) the players to the parent club for free straight away?

That low league club would go bust very quickly unless the parent club gave it money and of course that money would have to be accounted for in FFP.

el punal

Pretty sure it's spectacularly against the rules.

I could be wrong (and am happy to be shown so) but I'm fairly certain feeder club agreements aren't currently permitted within the English game, and that only really involves a formal agreement around loaning players. To actively buy players through a separate club would be a whole new level.
Didn't Watford exploit this loophole by using Udinese players at will. And, at Leeds and Charlton the owners are taking advantage of the fact that they also own Cagliari and Standard Liege (?) respectively.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That low league club would go bust very quickly unless the parent club gave it money and of course that money would have to be accounted for in FFP.

Not true the owner of Man City owns a club In New York and Melbourne and can give them as much as he likes without showing on Man City account as nothing to do with them. The same
for Charltons owner who also owns clubs in Belgium, Hungary and either Spain or Italy. How much he spends for them is his business nothing to do with our FA.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not true the owner of Man City owns a club In New York and Melbourne and can give them as much as he likes without showing on Man City account as nothing to do with them. The same
for Charltons owner who also owns clubs in Belgium, Hungary and either Spain or Italy. How much he spends for them is his business nothing to do with our FA.

But those are effectively different trading companies. They all have their own budgets, profit and loss etc. The OP was suggesting Forest buy a club and one in this country was the implication. If that were the case ( and I don't think the League would allow it ) then Forest would own the club - let's say they buy Whitehawk. Now Whitehawk would be expected to buy players of the quality Forest needed - how would they fund it ? If Forest fund it then it would have to be in their accounts. If they don't then that little club is going to go bust

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here