[Football] New football kits 2021/22

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Its because green is a colour that is particularly troublesome for people who are colour blind. I'm not sure if the exact details, but the ban is in consideration of colour-blindness.

Edit: Just found this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57880378

Speaking as someone who is colour-blind, and specifically red/green colour-blind (the most common one) the problems I have are not with green shirts, but when the refs wear yellow, the away team wears orange and the goalie wears a light green shirt. Or if between the teams and referees wear any combination of light yellow, gold, orange, light green, beige or mustard (Barber), that's when the confusion sets in for me. Green goalies shirts, or green outfield shirts are generally fine, so long as the opposition isn't wearing red.

Then again as it's the FA, EPL, UEFA, FIFA 'dealing' with it they probably haven't done any research with colour-blind people, they've probably just decided that they know what is best for us so we have to accept it, screw your traditional team colours Plymouth, Ireland, Sassuolo and Venezia, UEFA is going to do what it wants to do regardless of anything you may feel.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
New Spurs away shirt. I kinda like it

View attachment 138905

IMG-20210723-WA0001.jpg

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
Just seen this on Angry People in Local Newspapers, one of my favourite pages to follow on Facebook.

Any other followers of APILN will also note the classic 'done a poo' pose, which I assume wasn't mentioned in the caption for fear of riling fans of THE Leeds Utd.

Made me chuckle anyway.....

IMG_0994.jpg

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Speaking as someone who is colour-blind, and specifically red/green colour-blind (the most common one) the problems I have are not with green shirts, but when the refs wear yellow, the away team wears orange and the goalie wears a light green shirt. Or if between the teams and referees wear any combination of light yellow, gold, orange, light green, beige or mustard (Barber), that's when the confusion sets in for me. Green goalies shirts, or green outfield shirts are generally fine, so long as the opposition isn't wearing red.

Then again as it's the FA, EPL, UEFA, FIFA 'dealing' with it they probably haven't done any research with colour-blind people, they've probably just decided that they know what is best for us so we have to accept it, screw your traditional team colours Plymouth, Ireland, Sassuolo and Venezia, UEFA is going to do what it wants to do regardless of anything you may feel.

Colour blind here too.

Most of the green's used in football shirts don't cause me any issues.
I suspect I would struggle with a very dark green and similarly dark brown - but that's not a common problem.

I get very confused when people refer to lime-green shirts which look like bright yellow to me.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I get very confused when people refer to lime-green shirts which look like bright yellow to me.

Exactly that, I have no chance when the keeper or referee wears lime green and one of the teams is in yellow or orange.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I would also add that i have absolutely no problem telling Limes and Lemons apart, so why is it "Lime-green"?

Bracknell_Gull

Jul 4, 2011
Bracknell
Just saw a picture of Real Sociedad’s new home shirt which prompted me to have a look at what else Macron had released so far and as someone who isn’t a huge fan of their shirts, I have to say I was impressed with quite a few. Too many to post all on here but thought I’d share a few personal highlights.

7AE7D39B-1574-4B13-BC1F-05170BAB0303.jpeg

F361A524-F5C3-4F8D-9E89-DE53DB9B71C5.jpeg

98EDC4C3-5C15-4CED-8FF1-93BEFF06B854.jpeg

A902932D-0227-4F5A-9800-4B042249F4DE.jpeg

Jul 7, 2003
Just saw a picture of Real Sociedad’s new home shirt which prompted me to have a look at what else Macron had released so far and as someone who isn’t a huge fan of their shirts, I have to say I was impressed with quite a few.

I think Macron have moved on a bit since the days when they were seen as a cheap lower league supplier.

I was in A Coruna a couple of years ago and went to Deportivo's ground (about 200 yards from the beach!). The shirts in the club shop there looked good but even then they were around €70 each which was way more than our own Nike shirts at the time.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
New Liverpool ‘Ronald McDonald’ third kit

02d09c75bc61c34241dc293c9f574cad.jpg

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Its pretty awful, but the thats spurs away monstrosity takes some beating.

Whilst I thought the Spurs monstrosity was indeed horrid (a spillage in the paint aisle of B&Q) the Liverpool one is truly shocking! Also surprised that Nike have included their name on it - we've only ever (I think) had the 'swoosh' and nothing else, on all the kits including training kits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports