[Football] New football kits 2021/22

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Spall was NOBO wasn't it? then errea, I'd never heard of either.

Umbro, Bukta, Adidas before.

would be a stylish move to have adidas again.

There was a spell between those where we had a make that definitely could've been 'own brand'. Forget it now but I had the red away. Sponsored by Sandtex or whatever it was.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
There was a spell between those where we had a make that definitely could've been 'own brand'. Forget it now but I had the red away. Sponsored by Sandtex or whatever it was.

The NOBO Kit, worn at Anfield for the 2-2 Cup Draw, John Byrne, Mike Small and the football genius.. that was made by "Sports Express " so that may have been a DIY notion.. I know this as I was sorting through my old shirts at the weekend!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We have made some bizarre choices when it comes to our kit manufacturers over the years, wasn't there even a spell back in the late 80's or early 90's, when we designed and even manufactured, our own?

Sports Express, 1989-1991, these, er, beauties.

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Where's [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] when you need him!

Ribero . .Admiral ( forgot that one) Super league??

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Brighton_and_Hove_Albion/Brighton_and_Hove_Albion.htm

:wave:

Branded Albion kits in chronological order.

Admiral (1974-1975)
Umbro (1975-1977)
Bukta (1977-1980)
Adidas (1980-1987)
Spall (1987-1989)
Sports Express (in house made) (1989-1991)
Ribero (1991-1994)
Admiral (1994-1997)
Super League (1997-1999)
Errea (1999-2014)
Nike (2014-??)

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
leicester-city-21-22-home-kit-5.jpg

I quite like this, though Vardy looks like he's just about to go shoplifting in Asda to feed a crack habit.

It's a bit Ipswich Town, isn't it?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Spall was NOBO wasn't it? then errea, I'd never heard of either.

Umbro, Bukta, Adidas before.

would be a stylish move to have adidas again.

Didn't we have Admiral too for a while? As well as Ribeiro and Super League... To be honest, I've never had much of a problem with the Nike kits and I loved last season's kit. The problem is, I just prefer Adidas as a sports manufacturer and they do stiped kits better than anyone else.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

I remember picking up that red away one for ten quid somewhere, I think it was Admiral.
We had those f**king awful super league kits for a couple of seasons after admiral maybe? Real non-league stuff.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hummel have had a few excellent new kits out in recent seasons. In comparison, I'm a bit underwhelmed by this one.

Brilliant. Hummel managed to make Coventry FOUR great kits in 12 months, and have given Southampton THAT shambles.

Excellent.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't we have Admiral too for a while? As well as Ribeiro and Super League... To be honest, I've never had much of a problem with the Nike kits and I loved last season's kit. The problem is, I just prefer Adidas as a sports manufacturer and they do stiped kits better than anyone else.

We had Admiral twice, 1974-1975 and 1994-1997.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports