Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New football boots

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Right, first things first before i get some stick for being OLD I'd like to point out I like FLAIR as much as the next guy; alice bands and purple kits all the way as far as i'm concerned. However when I went to buy some new boots for the first time in a few years last week I could not believe the STATE of the choices available me in my local JJB and Sports Direct (or whatever its called now)!

Everything was made of the most HIDEOUS colours but most importantly for me, all the boots, even the ones for over a hundred quid, were PLASTIC! :angry: Now if the colour is alright i'd have no problem with a pair of coloured boots in principal, but am i that old fashioned to actually want a pair of football boots to be made out of LEATHER? Is that too much to ask?

Anyways, because of this I left it, came home and had a look online for some classic Umbro Speciali's that i've bought on many occasions over the years. To my amazement (delight) the first site I came across that had them was JJB.com and they had the £79.99 pair for £19.99!
06124291_black.jpg

Just for good measure I bought a pair of studded ones as well that were £49.99 down to £12.49!
06970293_black.jpg
(although it appears they may have sold out of the soft ground ones now)

Both are leather all the way round the front and they fit PERFECTLY!

So, if like me, you're a bit old school when it comes to footy boots and you just want a very decent pair (or pairs) of leather football boots for less than a score i suggest you snap up a pair of these very quickly! :thumbsup:

Mens Football Boots, Soccer Boots, adidas, Nike, Puma - JJB Sports

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
If you are going old school, there is simply only one boot to buy. Copa Mundial.

PDS002001006.jpg

Beat me to it. The ONLY boot. I have bought about 4 or 5 pairs of Copa Mondial over the course of my playing life (I'm 29) and can't remember the last time I bought anything else. I have PUMA KING boots as well in case it is too soggy for the moulded studs of the Mondial's. None of this neon yellow shit that people wear.

Kajha

Mar 30, 2010
I have gone against the Copa's this year after years of loyalty!

I discovered the beauties instead!!

Attachments

• NIEEEESs.jpg
    NIEEEESs.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 411

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Beat me to it. The ONLY boot. I have bought about 4 or 5 pairs of Copa Mondial over the course of my playing life (I'm 29) and can't remember the last time I bought anything else. I have PUMA KING boots as well in case it is too soggy for the moulded studs of the Mondial's. None of this neon yellow shit that people wear.

Absolutely. If anyone wear coloured boots against me they get a good clattering.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
you cant beat copas

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Oh God, those boots. How much were they again? The thing is, I don't know if I could wear them as they are so beautiful I wouldn't want to get them dirty.

Expensive. Even in India they were a shed load. Mint though.

As for not being able to wear them due to their beauty, quite!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Bingo.

I bought a pair of KINGS yesterday in the JJB sale - £69.99, down to £14.99.

:thumbsup:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I'm a SUCKER for Total 90's.

Just bought these -

19004006_l.jpg

But now I want these -

07902290_l.jpg

I buy them knowing they're not the best. There's just summin' about them.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Tempted by these, £47 down from £119 at Kitbag, bloody good boots compared to many of the flashy sorts.
However did get sucked in by a pair of those F50's last week, found the Uppers for £15 in Gunwharfe quays, and had the chassis and studs from a pair i was given.

Attachments

• 1205758_101_Under_Armour_Dominate_Pro_White_zm.jpg
    1205758_101_Under_Armour_Dominate_Pro_White_zm.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 305
  • adidas_f50i_tunit.jpg
    adidas_f50i_tunit.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 384

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Its all about Puma King's in classic black

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
I used to always buy Lotto boots. Classic Italian design, bright green logo for a bit of flair, Top boots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here