New Flat

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mar 13, 2008
Well I should really say first flat. Signed the paperwork for the soliciters today. Getting a bit nervous, but still excited. Flats in Goring, areas not too good but the complexe/estate is nice.

P.S. Looking to rent out a room so if you or someone you know are interested then PM me.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
In the process of buying a house at the moment. The most stressful things I have ever done!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Wait until you try to assemble the flat packed Ikea furniture you're going to fill said house with.

current property has flat pack furniture. Knowing Mrs Surrey Jim tho it will all need to be replaced :angry:

Mar 13, 2008
You're mad mate, place will be worth 20 % less in two years time.

Unless I plan on selling it it makes no difference.

Good luck with that, I think you have done the right thing, I have a flat in Goring! whereabouts is yours?
End of the strand, near goring train station.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Unless I plan on selling it it makes no difference.

Exactly, the house I live in is probably worth less than I paid for it over four years ago...but that doesn't bother me one bit as I expect to live in it for quite some time and have no intention of selling it.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Actually, on 2nd thoughts i'm being a bit of a wanker here , pouring cold water on what is obviously an exciting time for you, good luck with it all, hope it goes well.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Actually, on 2nd thoughts i'm being a bit of a wanker here , pouring cold water on what is obviously an exciting time for you, good luck with it all, hope it goes well.

Good retraction,

Let the guy enjoy getting his own place where he do what he likes and paint whatever colour he wants etc, A property should be a home first and an investment second.

Well done from me.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
First flat ? you will . No difference you say, so if i said to you , wait 2 years and you can buy it for £120,000 instead of £150,000 and the subsequent reduction in mortgage payments you'd turn me down ?

No idea what the rental equivalent would be but over two years may be about £10k ish - so this factors in to the "loss" too.

Also I can't see any house/flat prices dropping by 20% which is what you scenario indicates.

Skinthead

Jul 26, 2004
There Abouts
Good luck with that, I think you have done the right thing, I have a flat in Goring! whereabouts is yours?
End of the strand, near goring train station

Goring Chase?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Paint it PINK

You know it makes sense :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports