Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New. Fifa president ,,,,,

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I wouldn't mind having a crack at it ............

Now I'm retired I've got time on my hands, and I wouldn't be greedy - £100K a year, plus travel and overnight expenses would do me fine, without the need of brown envelopes.

I will do for £99k and travel, no brown envelopes but lots of jollies required

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Anyone but Platini. The onion wearing, garlic smelling, frog leg eating shitbag voted for Qatar, has his son employed by a Qatari energy company and was instrumental in the PSG Qatar deal. He would protect thier world cup and would be just as bad as Blatter.

I can just about stomach Russia 2018. I want Qatar 2022 gone. That has to be the next priority.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Anyone but Platini. The onion wearing, garlic smelling, frog leg eating shitbag voted for Qatar, has his son employed by a Qatari energy company and was instrumental in the PSG Qatar deal. He would protect thier world cup and would be just as bad as Blatter.

I can just about stomach Russia 2018. I want Qatar 2022 gone. That has to be the next priority.

Well this really. Unless something rotten comes out, I see no reason why Russia shouldn't host it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I nominate Sir David Beckham. He'd obviously need someone to pull his strings (Gill?) but he could be a popular choice. Being a FIFA delegate would be a volunteering role, not a £1m+ bung ridden job. The world cup would be rotated from continent to continent (Oceania joining S.America). All a country would need to do to host the tournament would be to reach an 'AAA technical standard', there would then be an independent draw run by Camelot for the winner; no country could host the world cup if they've hosted it in the past 50 years. Sorted. Oh and send the left over loot (normally used for bungs) for investment in football infrastructure in developing countries.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Breaking news:

Brazil legend Zico intends to stand for the presidency of Fifa after admitting the corruption crisis in the sport's governing body has saddened him.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
All this should play into the hands of a presidential candidate so far untainted by allegations of wrongdoing, the man beaten by Blatter at the election in May: Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein. But football’s power brokers appear to have taken a distinct dislike to Prince Ali, who was ousted as Fifa vice-president this year.

However, his closeness to Blatter – who seemed to endorse him as a potential successor earlier this month – will raise suspicions over whether he would end up a mere stooge for the ousted Swiss.

Most of the FIFA top brass are tainted by this rotten corrupt system. I think it's fair to say that any country that hosted a world cup since Joao Havelange was in charge in 1974 must've been involved in some sort of bribery - that is how he set the system up to work and that's where Blatter learned his trade in the dark arts.

The fact that the FIFA exec don't like Prince Ali tells me he's probably a decent candidate to clean things up. The people who have voting rights have a lot to lose potentially. I can't imagine they'd give it up without a fight.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
All this should play into the hands of a presidential candidate so far untainted by allegations of wrongdoing, the man beaten by Blatter at the election in May: Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein. But football’s power brokers appear to have taken a distinct dislike to Prince Ali, who was ousted as Fifa vice-president this year.

However, his closeness to Blatter – who seemed to endorse him as a potential successor earlier this month – will raise suspicions over whether he would end up a mere stooge for the ousted Swiss.

Most of the FIFA top brass are tainted by this rotten corrupt system. I think it's fair to say that any country that hosted a world cup since Joao Havelange was in charge in 1974 must've been involved in some sort of bribery - that is how he set the system up to work and that's where Blatter learned his trade in the dark arts.

The fact that the FIFA exec don't like Prince Ali tells me he's probably a decent candidate to clean things up. The people who have voting rights have a lot to lose potentially. I can't imagine they'd give it up without a fight.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
I'd like to see Pierluigi Collina do it. The man once described as "too objective" by disgraced Juventus exec Luciano Moggi in an intercepted phone call. I'd say a former top referee has exactly the mentality, integrity and football knowledge to crack heads together. I'm sure he wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here