Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] New feature thing: live updates

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Promped by @Brok's request, I've added an auto-update live thing. It sounds like this may be particularly useful for followers of matchday threads.

It can be found under What's new > Latest activity at the top of the board or via this link: https://www.northstandchat.com/whats-new/latest-activity

Screenshot 2023-10-20 at 20.16.13.png

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Brilliant, thanks.

Um ..... What is it? Asking for a friend as I of course know what you're all talking about but I'm sure he'd like to see it explained.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Brilliant, thanks.

Um ..... What is it? Asking for a friend as I of course know what you're all talking about but I'm sure he'd like to see it explained.
That page shows a concise view of all recent posts on the board chronologically, and polls every five seconds for new ones, updating the page when it finds them.

@Brok had suggested that match day threads can be a pain to keep up with and involve lots of refreshing. This provides a potential solution to that. Just sit on that page and see the posts come rolling in.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
That page shows a concise view of all recent posts on the board chronologically, and polls every five seconds for new ones, updating the page when it finds them.

@Brok had suggested that match day threads can be a pain to keep up with and involve lots of refreshing. This provides a potential solution to that. Just sit on that page and see the posts come rolling in.
Very good Wont be long before you can show the game

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

My friend says thank you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here