New faces in time for Saturday?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Apologies if this has been mooted already, but looks like there could be a new face or two in the squad to face the Orient.
Norwich City capture MK Dons' Aaron Wilbraham
Basically, we could loan a player (i.e. Noone) in time to play in Saturday's game, and then hand over the cash to make the transfer official on the 1st January. ???

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
How does that work, isn't the loan window closed??

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I thought the loan window shut ages ago?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
How does that work, isn't the loan window closed??
I assume it's that they'll sign him on loan before 12pm on Jan1st which makes him eligible, when a permanent signing wouldn't be, why these rules exist I don't know. Papaerwork I spose. :shrug:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
if Norwich can do it anyone can, perhaps the office is open BG!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It seems that if you register a player as on loan on Jan 1st he can play that day.
If you buy a player permanently on Jan 1st he can't play that day.

Therefore if a new player is registered as a loan player initially and then as a permenent siging after the game, he could play on Jan 1

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
good god is everyone DRUNK today?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It would appear that we are all a little confused as the actual regulations where is Acker79,who looks up the rules and regulations when you need him.

Surely it can't be much clearer than the opening paragraphs on the linked story?

"Norwich City are set to complete the signing of striker Aaron Wilbraham from MK Dons for an undisclosed fee.

The 31-year-old will join on a loan deal initially, making him available for the New Year's Day visit of QPR.

But the move will become permanent later that day with the former Stockport man signing an 18-month deal."

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Surely it means that the paperwork can be signed, sealed and handed to the FA NOW but isn't valid until Saturday?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1st Jan is a saturday so assume FA offices will officially be closed.
Monday is a Bank Holiday so same situation.
Can't see how anyone could be processed before Tuesday 5th.

I presume there will be someone working from home with the FA fax machine on divert to his , making sure all the paperwork is correct before announcing the deals to the press.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What I dont understand is how can a club sign a player on loan when the loan window doesnt open until 1st Jan and you cannot register a player until you have signed him. I could understand it if the FL said their office was open on 1st Jan to register players to play that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports