new enquiry

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
new inquiry

So they need to look at the other sites again huh?

The club said they had done this.
The club said they had completed an extensive and complete application before sending it to the ODPM so he could make a decision.
The club said there is no plan B.

It seems to me that we are now being told that the ODPM doesn't rate the reasons the Albion turned down the other sites. Almost 10 years since we heard we'd be leaving the Goldstone, spent loads of money, promises with no results, no plan B (says the club). Someone said recently that the club had spend millions on this application, we should have a result by now, the club must not have it's house in order, they look like amateurs I'm afraid.
I so hoped we could get falmer in the same way I hoped we didn't have to leave the Goldstone.
DK does love the Albion I'm sure, Martin Perry, well I'm not sure, he strikes me as one of those kids who couldn't play football at school and probably got picked on, met him a couple of times and to honest I wouldn't trust him as far as I can piss at him. The club have not helped themselves and I fear are no nearer the goal of a new home than when we left the Goldstone all that time ago.
Hope I'm wrong, someone please help these twats sort us out with a stadium.

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
you're wrong ......... MP built stadia for a living prior to the Albion (and very successfully too), the council have been heavily involved all the way and finally ... if as you say the job was done by amateurs it wouldn't have got this far. If you look at the list of alternative sites the greyhound Stadium and the Station are already under development so are already out of the picture. The wild card is Sheepcote valley as it was still in use as a dump when the application was being submitted and so not considered.

No we've done the work it is for others to say why it has to be one of the others , we've already said why it has to be Falmer. Now if the pu blic Enquiry says it has to be Toad hole (another outside chance) then so be it .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Uncle Buck said:
Out of interest, which ones? I know he was involved in the farce at Blackpool, but I am struggling beyond that.

I agree. He worked for McAlpine Special Projects or something similar, implying he should have had some sort of connection with Huddersfield and, maybe, Bolton. But I'm guessing there...

INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY. INQUIRY.

INQUIRY.

babyshambles

Jul 21, 2004
Brighton
come on, the application and the inquiry should have cleared everything up. it is still not resolved and so we still wait.
the evidence wasn't complete, the club have not done the application properly, they decided falmer was the only option and we believe them, we then go down this long road.
the club respond to objectors saying there is no other option, so what's going on now then?

Lord Bracknell said:
Wigan, for starters. And, I think, Huddersfield.

He was definitely involved in the building of the McAlpine. In the dark days prior to Arsehole and Ballshitti being booted out, he mentioned the fact many times at fans forums.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Zeitgeist said:
He was definitely involved in the building of the McAlpine. In the dark days prior to Arsehole and Ballshitti being booted out, he mentioned the fact many times at fans forums.

Was he directly involved or was he citing it as an example of the work that had been done by McAlpine, whom at the time he was employed by?

Also always found it a bit odd that McAlpine got rid of him.

babyshambles said:
It seems to me that we are now being told that the ODPM doesn't rate the reasons the Albion turned down the other sites.
No.

The ODPM want to be sure that the reasons the Albion (and the City Council) have put forward for rejecting the other sites are sufficiently robust to withstand the scrutiny of a High Court judge, bearing in mind the fact that Falmer Parish Council (who have no expert knowledge available to them) have threatened to take the ODPM to Judicial Review if Prescott takes into account some of the evidence that the Club has submitted about alternative sites.

All that the ODPM are saying is that this evidence - particularly the most recent evidence - should be tested at a Public Inquiry.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Uncle Buck said:
Was he directly involved or was he citing it as an example of the work that had been done by McAlpine, whom at the time he was employed by?

Didn't he leave McAlpine of his own accord to come on board with us full-time? Initially he was working for both McAlpine and the Albion with the Albion taking up more and more of his time.

I like MP a lot and he has worked tirelessly on behalf of our club.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Bozza said:
Didn't he leave McAlpine of his own accord to come on board with us full-time? Initially he was working for both McAlpine and the Albion with the Albion taking up more and more of his time.

I like MP a lot and he has worked tirelessly on behalf of our club.

Do not get me wrong he has been committed to us with regards to Falmer, but I do seem to remember it being a bit grey as to why he left McAlpine, as it seemed he would have more clout and contacts being their employee loaned to us.

Uncle Buck said:

He was directly involved in stadium projects - at a "carry the can" level (and I don't mean brickie's assistant).

He was still a Director of Alfred McAlpine when he joined the Albion as a member of Dick Knight's consortium. He left McAlpine when he was appointed Chief Executive of the Club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports