Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New defender

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I think Poyet would except a short term loan if Greer or Dunk were ruled out,now is Dunk a better option than Elphick ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
We are just gonna have to wait until the right player becomes available. If we could get somebody even better it would be great. But he probaly have to coem from abroad and would not settle in immediately. For cover, we might already have an eye on a loan player in case of another injury.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Not only Cook, I thought Grant Hall looked good, pre-season.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What happened to that Brazilian fella - Branco was it? Wasn't he set to sign for us a week ago? Heard nothing since

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
At the current rate of bookings, we will lose Dunk with a suspension.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Errr no, that was against PSG.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Those of us who saw Lewis Dunk's debut v MKD, two seasons ago, knew we had a real talent on our hands.
He has the potential to be easily the best CB at the club and to have a long career in the Premiership. Gus knows this and has been bringing him along gently. He probably didn't want to throw him into the fray so soon this season but circumstances dictated otherwise. Its also interesting that Gus didn't rush out to get cover for Adam and Tommy. He knows that Lewis is good enough.
But....he is very young, still learning and will make mistakes. Therefore, an older pro as cover makes commonsense.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Those of us who saw Lewis Dunk's debut v MKD, two seasons ago, knew we had a real talent on our hands.
He has the potential to be easily the best CB at the club and to have a long career in the Premiership. Gus knows this and has been bringing him along gently. He probably didn't want to throw him into the fray so soon this season but circumstances dictated otherwise. Its also interesting that Gus didn't rush out to get cover for Adam and Tommy. He knows that Lewis is good enough.
But....he is very young, still learning and will make mistakes. Therefore, an older pro as cover makes commonsense.

Yes I saw his steady and composed debut that day and was very impressed. And I agree about Gus having confidence in him.

If Lewis gets booked Weds and Saturday he'll miss the Sunderland game (Vincelot would cover with Cook on bench). By the time he's able to get another suspension AE-A should be back in contention with Vincelot and Cook still hopefully on standby and Hall (and possibly Branco by then) there as emergency extra cover.

I don't think Gus will sign anyone else as defensive cover apart from Branco, assuming his visa application clears.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here