Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New deals for three; five released

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surprised to see Casper retained
I think he does a good job with the squad training etc, and we do need 3 goalies. I can't see the problem.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Gutted about Calde and GG. In the case of the latter, I can only think that an improvement on the great man has already been identified/agreed on.

Calde? Really hope he comes back and/or stays in some capacity. Top player; great professional.

Why no word on Bruno? His contract is up as well at the end of June isn't it?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I thought Greer had shown enough in the last 3 games to warrant another year, but clearly Hughton has other ideas. Thanks Gordon, you've been magnificent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

seagull_si

Jul 8, 2011
Peacehaven
I imagine Ankergren is a reasonably cheap option who does not mind being 4th choice keeper with the occasional cup run out so not that unexpected

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is this only the players out of contract as no mention of those under contract being placed on the transfer list or that we would accept offers for. I wouldnt disagree with any of those decisions taken.
Yes. This is just about players whose contracts are ending this summer.

Clearly O'Grady, Holla and Elvis are on the transfer list and are our priority to ship out if we can.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We wait to see if the three that have been offered new deals have signed them. Nothing is a given.

Well, there's only one of the three that we REALLY care about and it seems to be done:

Hughton said, "We are delighted Bruno has agreed a new deal. He has been exceptional this season and a key player in the team.

"Albion fans know all about his ability and professionalism, and I'm delighted to have agreed everything so swiftly."

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
and we do need 3 goalies. I can't see the problem.

I agree that we need three goalies - Stockdale, Maenpaa, Walton.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Casper isn't on bank-breaking wages, it just seems one too many to me.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I agree that we need three goalies - Stockdale, Maenpaa, Walton.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Casper isn't on bank-breaking wages, it just seems one too many to me.
Walton to go on loan again next season. He would progress little as #3 in the squad.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I think he does a good job with the squad training etc, and we do need 3 goalies. I can't see the problem.

I assume as you say that Casper is useful behind the scenes, is settled here, not wanting to move and is willing to act as back up Goalie on a reasonable salary . Also I'd suspect Maenpaa has, quite understandably, indicated he wants to go and get regular football somewhere else.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Ole, ole, ole, ole

bruno_saltor_brighton_championship_inghilterra.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here