[Albion] New deals for three; five released

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I disagree............Jamie linked well with Liam

Its about opinions and I believe our drop off during December was because we didnt get forward down the wide areas enough to provide the strikers with chances and this was partially remedied when Ridgewell signed although LR was injured during November. So the injury to LR and Bong and not having adequate cover was the probably cause of us going from pts clear at the top to 3rd place. There may well have been good reason as you have said in the past but that doesnt detract from the fact that it was a possible cause of our drop off.

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Its about opinions and I believe our drop off during December was because we didnt get forward down the wide areas enough to provide the strikers with chances and this was partially remedied when Ridgewell signed although LR was injured during November. So the injury to LR and Bong and not having adequate cover was the probably cause of us going from pts clear at the top to 3rd place.

****ing Rubbish - That's the last time I come to your defence. You go over old ground like a gramophone record. He inherited a squad where there were enough full backs still in contract, with the two additions he made. He could never have forseen such injuries in the full back position. You cant fill your squad with Left backs. It would be a waste of financial resources

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
****ing Rubbish - That's the last time I come to your defence. You go over old ground like a gramophone record. He inherited a squad where there were enough full backs still in contract, with the two additions he made. He could never have forseen such injuries in the full back position. You cant fill your squad with Left backs. It would be a waste of financial resources

This is why he gets stick on here. BG would have no doubt found the perfect left back, happy to be cover for Rosenior until January. Sadly us mere mortals can only look at him in awe.

As for your previous point, my main point was that calling Rosenior a jack of all trades was very harsh as he is first team quality in all three positions he has played in for us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You know more than I do he inherited a left back who after watching him he didnt rate; how he could get him out I dont know, but should have done . The 2 he brought in were brilliant but IMHO but should have replaced Chicksen. As you have said that may not have been possible for a number of reasons but I am talking of what would have been an ideal situation.

Last edited:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You know more than I do he inherited a left back who after watching him didnt rate how he could get him out I dont know, but should have done the 2 he brought in were brilliant.

BG

You are missing the point.......The one you are referring to who didn't get to play........we are still paying his wages. He was under contract. Chris cant simply go cap in hand for money all the time to the Chairman......He is not a Harry Redknap who thinks other people's money is his own

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
BG

You are missing the point.......The one you are referring to who didn't get to play........we are still paying his wages. He was under contract. Chris cant simply go cap in hand for money all the time to the Chairman......He is not a Harry Redknap who thinks other people's money is his own

I accept that but ina perfect world he could have got a club to take him on loan and pay his wages as he is a reasonable left back but not at our standard or where we were aimed, no doubt he will get fixed up with a club during the summer

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I accept that but ina perfect world he could have got a club to take him on loan and pay his wages as he is a reasonable left back but not at our standard or where we were aimed, no doubt he will get fixed up with a club during the summer

I give up BG - YOU WIN

There is not enough asprin on this earth to cure my headache from hitting my head against this brick wall

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have an opinion and it takes a lot to change it but it is good fun on here with everybody contributing theirs. So no offense meant to anybody so dont take it to heart

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did BG say we should of signed Jlloyd Samuel lolol

He was a suggestion only. Others said he wasnt good enough at the time and had dropped off in his standard. Is it not better to make suggestions or just to criticise the manager and team etc. I think it is. Granted some suggestions may be impractical and some niot viable or possible but as supporters we do not know. That is why the club have a recruitment team who do not share their knowledge on here, thank goodness.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I have an opinion and it takes a lot to change it but it is good fun on here with everybody contributing theirs. So no offense meant to anybody so dont take it to heart

Were you ever a Policeman BG ?

They always like to get the last word in an argument as well when they pull people up in the street

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His best customer was probably - Kenny Sansom (a left back)

Funny you should mention him as I stopped to watch a school boys match in South London about 1968 ish and noticed this young left footed player playing at the back and got his name from a parent and suggested him to BHA. He was probably about 9 or 10 years old and yes it was Keny Sansom. He was apparently with a club though, so I was told, probably Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports