Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New deal for Steven Alzate

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Watching Gilmour yesterday got me thinking about how Alzate would flourish in this team/set up. I hope we keep hold of him and give him a run. Think he's at least as technical as Gilmour (perhaps even more so) and a bit more physical.
Exactly my thoughts. Gilmour was superb but on a number of occasions I was reminded of Alzate and thinking what if (he hadn't been loaned out and RDZ could get his hands on him)? Reckon RDZ will be pleasantly surprised in the Summer.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really like him and want to see him challenging to get in the side next season. Also think he will be great under RDZ. Anyone know how his loan is going - wgst do their fans think of him for example…?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Really like him and want to see him challenging to get in the side next season. Also think he will be great under RDZ. Anyone know how his loan is going - wgst do their fans think of him for example…?
Stats look okay. Seems to be getting plenty of game time.

Would love to see him get another chance at Brighton, I would hope De Zerbi can get him firing and he is such a quality squad player.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Let’s see in pre-season but he does seem an RDZ style player.
People were asking the same about Gilmour before Saturday. The Alzate we all know played to the system he was given.There’s no rocket science about RDZ’s type of player. They simply need to be technically gifted and play their part in the changes of speed as a team.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I have always rated him. He was just unfortunate to find himself behind first Biss, then Mac and Moises.
However, I thought it was strange we bought Billy, then loaned him out. I think RdZ could turn him into a very good player

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He's not far off Moi stats-wise. Can he replicate it in the Pl though. Like others on this thread I'm optimistic about his prospects and very much see him as a De Zerbi player.

Screenshot_2023-05-01-09-02-53-256_com.android.chrome.jpg

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wasn't there a player who was supposed to go on loan (to WBA?) in January, but the paperwork wasn't completed in time so he was loaned abroad somewhere? I had in my head it was Alzate - but I see he went to Standard Liege in September so it couldn't have been him. Can anyone jog/help my memory?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Wasn't there a player who was supposed to go on loan (to WBA?) in January, but the paperwork wasn't completed in time so he was loaned abroad somewhere? I had in my head it was Alzate - but I see he went to Standard Liege in September so it couldn't have been him. Can anyone jog/help my memory?

Nah, your hunch was correct GT

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Their fans love him, and there is a suggestion he’d be open to staying, but they would not be able to afford his wages.

personally, agree with others - RDZ will really like him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here