New cult fanzine in brighton

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herm

May 11, 2008
Brighton
Hi NSC users,

I am co-editor of a new cult fanzine in brighton for everyone in the city and targeting students called "Eek!zine". It is going to contain interviews with bands/artists, reviews on gigs and events, reviews on bars and restaurants, a banter page and generally loads of culture, arts, music and film based info.

If anybody has any recommendations for nights/events/restaurants or bars that you think would be good in this mag, it would be most appreciated. Either reply on here or e-mail me at danhermitage@hotmail.com

most appreciated guys

dan

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
if your post title has a typo in it, you have hit on your target market here mate.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Loving the plug, but...

As it's a 'new cult' fanzine to use your words, can I assume it is of a religious cult persuasion?

I only ask as it might appear a little oxymoronic to use the words 'new' and 'cult' to describe a fledgling publication? :shrug:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Things become cults way after they are established and not by the creators.

May I suggest new pretencious fanzine?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Hi NSC users,

I am co-editor of a new cult fanzine in brighton for everyone in the city and targeting students called "Eek!zine".

Also cult is the opposite of "everyone", a subculture if you like. And if everyone is only students it must be like planet hollyoaks.:flounce:

Herm

May 11, 2008
Brighton
I know where you're coming from mate, it's new in the form that this is the first of this company and I just feel it's cult because it's something fresh and useful. For example, UK Hip-Hop is ever growing in Brighton, but nobody has picked up on this and it's right infront of everyone's eyes. Slip Jam:B is an open mic hip-hop night at The Hope and it was overflowing last night. It's just going to give insights into the what's going on in brighton and behind the scenes. I would love to have the time and money to go to every restaurant and bar and club and event in Brighton, but that's impossible, so I just kinda want a few recommendations really. But I'm sorry if my message came across as a bit confusing.

*What is a banter page?* well basically I don't know to be quite honest mate, the other editor decided on it and I believe it's a bit like a letters page/debate page. You'll find out when its released :)

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
I know where you're coming from mate, it's new in the form that this is the first of this company and I just feel it's cult because it's something fresh and useful. For example, UK Hip-Hop is ever growing in Brighton, but nobody has picked up on this and it's right infront of everyone's eyes. Slip Jam:B is an open mic hip-hop night at The Hope and it was overflowing last night. It's just going to give insights into the what's going on in brighton and behind the scenes. I would love to have the time and money to go to every restaurant and bar and club and event in Brighton, but that's impossible, so I just kinda want a few recommendations really. But I'm sorry if my message came across as a bit confusing.

*What is a banter page?* well basically I don't know to be quite honest mate, the other editor decided on it and I believe it's a bit like a letters page/debate page. You'll find out when its released :)

Have you heard of 'Dont Flop'?

Might be worth a mention in the magazine.

Herm

May 11, 2008
Brighton
This is the first time I've done this sort of thing. I am a musician/student in my own right and I'm fed up with the way venues/bars/record labels/agents screw everybody in this industry over, and it's something where people can read reviews on places from a insiders point of view. I appreciate all of this feed-back because it really helps with the production process. To be honest, I just hope it's a success

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

:dasreich:

Herm

May 11, 2008
Brighton
And also Brighton is essentially Hollyoaks because it is a Student town, it's rife with them. But I want to target everyone, that's why i've come here for some research

Herm

May 11, 2008
Brighton
Of course I've heard of Don't Flop, there will be an interview with the promoter of Don't Flop, i know him. And the company that's now doing this fanzine are also putting on nights and working with him to have a don't flop at the events

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Of course I've heard of Don't Flop, there will be an interview with the promoter of Don't Flop, i know him. And the company that's now doing this fanzine are also putting on nights and working with him to have a don't flop at the events

Awesome. :thumbsup:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
You could check out 'South Coast' which I believe is a film about hip hop on the south coast, and as there are 9000 students attending the two unis in Brighton, perhaps you could do a page on BHA and get a few of them along to games!?

Wodja fink? :smile:

Herm

May 11, 2008
Brighton
I have all intentions of plugging the albion in it :D I appreciate that comment, i will make sure there's a big bit on it, i might include a cut out russell slade mask. South Coast is a brilliant documentary, presented by a good mate of mine Buzz. I'm glad you've heard of it.

Don't Flop is awesome :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports