Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Council parking ticket rules

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Pickles is an idiot. Road Traffic Act 1984 (I think) says all parking surpluses have to be spent on highways or environmental works/improvements. Most councils already give some leeway for late arrivals (God knows why as it isn't that difficult to remember how long you have left and then renw by phone if need be), and most don't use cctv vans (althugh this would be the most efficient and effective way of enforcing traffic regulations and preventing lunatic parents double parking on pedestrian crossing to let their little darlings sit down all the way to school.)

CRETIN (oh yes,and there is an election coming up so this blatent publicity seeking by fat boy)

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And back on topic ..... generally there's no problem council parking - there is a fair and decent appeals system. Now private parking companies, that really is something Pickles should sort out.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Did I see that Brighton Council are getting rid of some its parking meters so you need to pay on your phone or try and find a shop which sells the tickets?:eek:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Did I see that Brighton Council are getting rid of some its parking meters so you need to pay on your phone or try and find a shop which sells the tickets?:eek:
Sure did, and I for one am unhappy that we won't be able to pay cash any more. It's a phone call and a transaction charge. If they want to go "new world" why don't they introduce a credit/debit card swipe system? For me it's another reason to go elsewhere for my shopping and another on the list of reasons to reside somewhere outside of the city I have lived in most of my life.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is no reason, if people are recycling and composting properly, that you need a weekly rubbish collection.

As you say if. I wrote to MSDC asking why one refuse vehicle emptied both landfill and recycljng and received the answer back because people had put carrier bags in the recycling and they cannot be recycled. No mention of the fact that the contractors got paid for 2 vehicles and 2 collections but only did one thus saving money.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
High streets like Steyning need to offer free parking in order to compete with Tescos

agree they should offer free parking. there's the green agenda, to discourage workers from driving and using public transport. how much space would there be if there werent restrictions? i don t know Steyning, it may be council wide policy designed for other towns not suiting individual situations. i recognise why councils would have good reason for the restrictions, even if they blindly apply them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps Burgess Hill should consider a free ticket for 2 hour parking with no return for 2 hours either at The Martlets or the large one with the Chinese restaurant, is it The Emporer, behind Store 21. This would keep shoppers moving and suit everyone bar possibly council finances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here